Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

this sucks big time! i watched that build from day one. i really hope it comes up safe

bump for a sticky!

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I am not really familiar with Deleon Springs, but the internet says the population is only about 2,700 people, so it is a very small community. In most small towns everyone knows everyone else, and that might help him to hear something about who might have done this.........neighbors in small towns tend to look out for one another.

Someone had to see something.

Don

3. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I will keep my eyes open on the west coast of Florida.

On Friday nights I attend a show and I will let the guys know and show them the picture of the car.

Hope they catch who ever took the car.

Jimbo

4. I'll have the New York metro covered. Hang the SOB's!

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Man... that SUCKS! He worked his ASS off on that car!!

6. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

Sad to hear of this theft. I'll keep my eyes open in Michigan. Hope you find it safe and sound. CTJ

7. richie rebel

richie rebel

bummer man,sure hope he finds his car

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I found this to be VERY interesting: Microdots

Every car has a unique serial number called the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The VIN is only on the car in a few places. If your car is taken to a chop shop almost none of the individual pieces of your car can be identified. But if you attach miniature security tags to your car the thieves can be caught with stolen merchandise.
    When you order microdots you receive hundreds of dots in an adhesive. You use a brush applicator to dab a tiny amount of the glue (a fluorescent adhesive, visible under a blacklight) onto a variety of locations on your personal property. Each dab contains 3-5 microdots. You can tag your windows, hubcaps, tire rims, speakers, stereo, shock absorbers and so on. In some states you can receive a discount on your car insurance for using these dots.
    The microdots are hard to find as they are about the size off a typographical dot.
    The manufacturing of these tags is accomplished using advanced UV laser technology. The laser burns a mark onto the surface which can be read by a jeweler's loupe or by a 30x magnifying glass.
    To purchase and learn more about Microdots:
    http://www.mydatatags.com/
    http://www.microdotus.com/

9. I just posted on the original thread that I watched the build of this car from the beginning,,this is inexcusable,,they took a piece of our brothers heart & soul,,I pray someone finds the car in perfect condition and the owner is reunited soon. HRP

10. Bump for my buddy Dave

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I am tight with all my neighbors, they didn't see or hear anything. That tells me it was pushed out and put on a trailer. That car is loud as hell with open pipes. My shop is all metal so they unscrewed the screws and crawled in, unlocked the roll up door and took the only car I ever loved.

12. hot turkey, what time of day?

13. ol fueler

ol fueler

Hot Turkey, that really sucks!! I live in a tiny town too, and I know how rare it is to have something stolen. But it does happen and sometimes to the best people at that. RATS!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I dont know, must have been at night. I was gone 5 days.

15. A Boner

A Boner

Sticky please.

16. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

17. Fenders

Fenders

Somebody knew it was in the garage...
    and probably knew you were away...

Who would know that?

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  19. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

I remember this build thread!...you will have a bunch of eyes on the lookout at Charlotte's GoodGuys event!..rat bastards! ...gotta rope em' by their nut bags!

20. raidmagic

raidmagic

Wow that sucks. Keeping my eyes open here in the Tampa area.

21. I just posted a link to this over on the Deuce Limited site. HRP

22. thechopperguy

thechopperguy

I hate seeing this kind of stuff. I hope and pray that the car is found intact and the a-holes that took it are caught.

23. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

I saw this on facebook tonight. Glad the word is getting out there. A lot of eyes are seeing this on various outlets. Good luck finding and retrieving your awesome ride.

24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Will keep an eye open in North MS. There arent that many nice cars like that around this part of the state.
    Tie em to the car and drag em.

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Exactly!
    Who would know that?; neighbors, co workers, anyone who works in the area; postal carrier (UPS, Fedex,etc.), sanitation workers, newspaper delivery, city/street workers, utility workers (electric, cable, phone,etc).
    In that small of a town, I'd guess the thieves were from outside the area and possibly cased the car-followed you home from a show, etc.
    Have you had the car at a show recently where somebody showed "too much" interest in the car or came back several times to look at it?

26. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

When you find em, HANG EM HIGH!

27. 54sled

54sled

Seen it on fb too!

28. So sorry to hear this. You poured your heart and soul into this build. I hope you find the car and the aholes who stole it.

29. :eek: eyes and ears open in West Palm Beach.......damn kids......

30. NW Florida is watching

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.