Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods stolen hot rod alert!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Cool, this deserves it!!;)

2. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

This sucks. Hope you find it soon.

3. yblock292

yblock292

btt morning gang

4. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Keeping an eye out around Joplin! Good luck

5. Lucky3

Lucky3

Eyes wide open in Okie land....Posting on Facebook now with my racing and hot rod buddies !!!

6. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I hate to hear this stuff again and again. Makes you want to sleep with your car with a loaded gun just waiting. If they would spend as much time doing a real job as they do stealing our stuff just think how much better we would all be today.
    I thinking about not putting anything up on the hamb or online. You can go to all kinds of links to stop them, alarms,gps,lojack,cameras,dogs,guns,people watcher, etc. Stops, and makes you think about not sharing at all. I will have to reconsider some shows and my some changes, maybe it time for body-guards for cars/truck,ect.

7. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

This sucks....I hope it shows up and I will be looking for it. I just drove my 32 up to Minnesota last weekend and I was really scared having it on the trailer. I backed it against a snow bank so noone could take it off. I stayed over night in Wichita and I kept looking out the window to make sure it was still there. I think these threads have me parinoid.

8. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks!

9. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I'm with you. Now I am paranoid and I have owned my 32 for only 2 months. Maybe a call to lojack will make me feel better.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

heads need to roll

11. Lucky3

Lucky3

Just put the notice and pics on five local hot rod and racing forums here in Okie land....The power of the HAMB at work !!

12. Goodlife

Goodlife

Holy cow!! It would seem we need to get the Earp boys back here in Kansas and clean things up as I just read in the paper the other day that a chopped merc valued in the six figures was stolen out of a home garage in Wichita just up the way from this theft. I will forward this to a friend here in Andover that manages a very large storage unit so that he will be aware of this m.o..
    Had a friend put a new four point deer stand out this fall on his farm and someone stold it in less than a week. Go figure.

13. Lucky3

Lucky3

Got a ton of "Hits" on my forum & facebook posting's around OKC and Tulsa !
    Eyes wide open here in Okie Land !!

14. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Here's hoping it all ends well for you!
    I cannot abide thieves. Scum of the earth.

15. This is rediculus.

Another set of eyes watching out in Derby.

16. pumpman

pumpman

Steal a horse you were hung. I think it's time we bring that good old rule back. With all of us HAMB'ers keeping an eye out for this car we may have a chance. I'll supply the horse you find a tree.

17. "MAYBE" we should put plastic explosive in our hotrods with a remote device while they are in storage...Yes the car ends up in pieces, but you have the satisfaction of one less dirt-bag stealing cars.
    Sorry to hear about the loss...hope you find the piece of shit and beat em to a pulp.

18. Pharouh

Pharouh

Sounds like a plan to me!
    Really hope you find it. This shits got to stop!

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Tie them to the car and drag them !

20. KarBabe

KarBabe

any news?????

21. KarBabe

KarBabe

i have told my friends here in arkansas and i have friends in texas. i hope it is found.

22. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

My biggest issue with these storage units is that they aren't really all the secure. I'm sure more than most are but there are several around here and I wouldn't keep my cat in it. Alot of easy access at these places. I hope that you are able to recover the car soon.

23. Mac_55

Mac_55

I keep coming back to this thread hoping to see a post saying its found.....Dont most of these storage places have insurance that covers this . I know a check is not a replacement ., just curious.

24. acman

acman

Cut there f&^$&# heads off!:mad:

25. jlouie

jlouie

I'm in Loiusiana now, but heading back to Missouri tomorrow. Going through Missippi and Tennesse so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Damn this sucks!!!!

26. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

hope you find it that is one nice piece ,love it. i hope the phone thing works out, it will be like dont call us we will be calling on u.

27. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

in illinois ill keep a look out

28. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Maybe we should go back to the old days, tar & feather them & run them out of town when there caught!

29. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

Update:
    Ok here is the latest on my car. No word from the Police yet but your respose on the hamb has been over whelming. I appreciate it more than I can tell you. The good news is that at least 2 of our local TV stations have picked up on the story (although they said it was a 27 Roadster instead of a Coupe). I just talked to one of the stations and they are going to run the story again at 10 and show the pictures of the car that I just sent them. I'm trying to keep the faith in hopes I will get it back but realistically I have my doubts. Thanks to all for your efforts. I appreciate it.

JWS

30. TooManyToyz

TooManyToyz

KAKE has a small report, but not much info, on the break-ins on the front page of it's website.
    Paul