Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Gas Pumps Omaha, Ne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awbcrazy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Somebody's been watching too much American Pickers. Now they think they got something a collector will pay big bucks for.

Hope they get caught.

2. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

What he said.
    I hope to see a post to this thread that says the pumps have been found.

3. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Unfortunately they were probably scrapped shortly after they were stolen.

Scrappers have been known to pull aluminum siding right off houses! The scrap yards here have to copy your drivers license plus they get pictures of your truck with the load on it. Doesn't do any good. The scrappers just put the stolen stuff on the bottom and cover it with legitimately gotten scrap.

4. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Since it was on the local news maybe someone will come forward with the pumps.

5. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

That sucks to hear! Its the few that give the rest of "us" a bad name!! I have been recycling sinse 1989. Most smaller yards keep anything of intrest or old , We get it the old fashond way working for it. Anything worth anything we put aside. If its worth 50$ scrap- We can sometimes double our money to the guy looking for the certain part. I keeps our operation going. Only the crackheads and welfare are cashing in on the deal. Looking for cigarette and booze money. Last month I saw an S-10 with a VW bug in the bed... Yes a whole fucking car in the back of a girl truck! I see people in cars at the scale with a microwave oven and a mail box. WTF? If I don't have 1000+ lbs I stay home.

6. Buddy of mine in Missouri owns a yard and caught a guy in a pick up raiding the place one Sunday afternoon. When he saw Dan, he ran off leaving his truck and tool box. Dan took his wrecker and hauled the truck off to his other lot and locked it up. The next day, the theif's dad called and told Dan he was coming to get his son's truck and tools. Dan told him only if the boy was arrested---if not, as far as he was concerned, the truck was now his. Guy never came back for the truck. Most times you dont get that lucky. They are laying new fiber optic cable beside the road by my shop and all the big spools have "NO VALUE--FIBER CABLE--NOT COPPER" spray painted on the sides. A sad world we live in today.:(

7. I have some gas signs I would love to put up outside my shop, but after my 1937 Coca Cola sign was stolen out front, I am afraid to.

8. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

i hate to say it but even if they caught the person(s) he(they) will most likely just get a slap on the wrist and do the same thing again,thats how it is in calif. anyway :mad:..

i remember catching people in my old neighborhood breaking in our cars chasing them down the street cops show up and let them go,sadly this happened quit frequentley.

once had a "genius" break in the neighbors car stole some things, he got away from us,but dropped his wallet with id credit cards etc. in the neighbors car, so we call the cops .next day get a call from a detective
    "genius" has been busted previously for auto theft and registration shows he owns a car exactly like the car he got away in,same day we get another call the "genius" is found looking for something in the gutter where the neighbors car was the previous night ,maybe for a wallet?? but guess what "genius" gets to walk as there is "no proof" it was him,even though we got a good look at him,his car, not to mention his id!!:eek::mad: are you fucking kidding me!!! dont you just love the justice system??:rolleyes:

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

The Leaden family would like me to thank everyone for trying to find their dads gas pumps and all your posts, Even thought they might not find them, they were amazed by the amount of people that wanted to help out a guy they never met, and not only from Omaha,from all across the country, The hotrod comunity made a bad deal seem alot better, Thank You HAMB'ers

10. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

it just shows you ....your stuff aint safe anywhere anymore......chain,lock, put out guard dog, talk to neibors,get to know cops,installl security cameras, systems,armed guard would be nice...pit bull terriers are around for a reason.....i feel your pain bro.....kev