Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Cars/Parts Conroe, TX area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BELLM, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BELLM

BELLM

My son-in-law works for Walker County Sheriffs dept, called me this morning said FBI and Conroe Police Dept busted an auto consignment place in Conroe, found a bunch of stolen cars and parts, sounds like a pretty large amount of stuff. They think they have found some parts stolen off cars in Walker county also.
    If you are in that general area, Houston included, and have had a car or parts stolen contact the Conroe police department. FYI.

2. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

what kind of car parts

3. Nice heads up Eddie!

4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks for the heads up .

5. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

What's the bidding starting at?

6. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

There may have been stolen parts, but what actually was happening was not paying the owners for their cars when the cars sold and selling cars overseas and then not shipping them, per the news report.

The company had been in trouble for some time having taken money for restoration/custom work and then spending the money without doing the work. Guys in the same lease area as I am were working for them doing their mechanic work and trying to catch them up. I've had a couple of guys bring stuff in that they had to pull because they had paid with no work done.

Bad news and I feel for all those who had their cars there...some very nice rides at very high prices.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wonder if that willy's that never showed back up is in parts all over that place..some one needs to find that guy and give him a heads up about this..as a matter of fact anyone who knows people on this board that have had shit stolen needs to know about this. You never know your shtuff..could be there wating to come back home.

This is great news..this stuff needs to happen more oftenn..time to even the score!

8. fuzzface

fuzzface

The article I saw mentioned they were under investigation the last 6 months and taken in $518,000.00 in that time but they figured they have been doing it about two years. They were selling on Ebay. A father and son team.

9. jj mack

jj mack

what is the name of the place?

10. fuzzface

fuzzface

American Classic Cars of Conroe. It was a consignment place located at 800 W. Davis.

11. Brad S.

Brad S.

Holy shit. Drive past that place all the time but never stopped. That's crazy. That place always had people walking around window shopping.

12. wonder if "bubba" gets the paper in the local prison,heard he loves those "first timers"

13. I'll be damned, been by there several times but never stopped...that might be a good thing in retrospect.

14. abone1930

abone1930

Damn I have drove past there before.A little to close to home. Get a ROPE :D

15. fuzzface

fuzzface

If you have a vehicle consigned at American Classic Cars at 800 W. Davis, You need to call the Montgomery County Auto Task Force at 936-7605847 and ask for Investigator Greg Grassholf.

If you had a car stolen in the area or if you have a criminal complaint about American Classic Cars at 800 W. Davis, you can call the Conroe Police Department Criminal Investigations unit at 936-522-3231

I hope they find that Willy and '57 chevy and the other stolen cars there that has been posted here.

Also there was a franchise business with the same name on Texas 105. They are not connected. They are a legit business run by Rick Coultier. The criminals are Stephen Craig Wood(66) and his son Geoffrey Wood(26). Again Rick Coultier is a honest businessman that was only connected by a franchise name that he since dropped and now is called Classic Motor Cars.

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

17. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Across the street from my shop. Drove past Tues night when the cops were there busting the place. They wrote several hot checks around town fer big bucks. Hopefully next they go after the consignment lot on 45. The bozo that runs that place is worse than this father son team.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

F-ing bastards..
    I hope they never get out..and if they do..no one leaves them alone..no job no money..they need to learn what its like to have nothing, or get things taken away from them. because thats exactly what they were doing to others.
    Hey Courts,,, dont let these bastards back out there to fuck with us real people again eh..? think you can do that for us bill paying law abiding citizens that pay your wadges?..huh?

ok im getting started already..:eek::rolleyes:

19. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

20. pacman

pacman

Walker, Texas Ranger

21. SpadezTX13

SpadezTX13

"Dem' cars ain't stolen they's barrud."

22. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

This isn't the first time this has happened in the Houston area. There have been several scams and numbers of scumbag shop operators in the Houston and surrounding counties since the 70s. Some left the area or the state, some went to jail for a time, some changed names and reopened across town again and again, some melted into the non-car world, and others are probably still plying their trades and taking people's money without doing the work or worse.

23. wino01

wino01

You are right kool kat, the guy on 45 is just as bad.
    Where is your shop, let me know and I will drop by.
    This father and son team could have done the right thing and made money and helped the car industry grow. But they had to go at it the wrong way, they will get what is coming to them. I just hope all the car owners get their property back.

24. chevy63swb

chevy63swb

Wow that sucks and their cars were priced very high

25. payback

payback
    from US

26. 42 years is awesome, the grey hair means it is a death sentence

27. I like the way the law thinks in Texas. Up here in WA, the courts are run by a bunch of pussies.

42 years is great!