Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Alliance Plaque

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Customline Vicky, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Has anyone ever had their Alliance tag stolen? Somewhere, sometime somebody has snatched my Alliance tag. I would suspect at a local cruise in at Sonic. I went to put it in my windshield at Turkey Run and it was gone. I looked everywhere to no avail .. Poot !!

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't tolerate stolen Alliance tags. PM me.

3. why do these things keep getting stolen? Someone must have gotten Banned and has a vendetta aqainst Hambers.

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Was it attached?

5. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Shit, maybe theyre skyrocketing in value!?

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

isn't this about the fourth one in a couple of months?

7. "why do these things keep getting stolen?"

Probably because they're COOL, and it's cheaper to snag someone elses than pop $ for one of their own.

After the Christmas bills are paid I'm gonna have one, ......... the HONEST way!

8. BBobb

BBobb

That's just out right f@%cked up.Often enough i have folks at car events ask me what that little plate stands for,well the first thing that comes to mind is where the hell have you been.I guess i better start thinking is, are they thinking they want that little plate

9. RichG

RichG

That's like stealing someones underwear with their name printed on them...it's not likely you're gonna wear 'em. Like my great gram always told me, What goes around comes around and bites 'em in the ass! I'll be getting my Alliance membership this month for my Christmas present, anybody tries to steal it is gonna be taping their spoon to their cast to eat for awhile...

10. RAY With

RAY With

I didnt know they were a demand item. Mine is also inside the car on the windshield. Guess I better take it out and do the bolt on thing. Damn I hate thief's

11. skidsteer

skidsteer

I guess I'll be using those screws that only screw in, cant be backed out?

12. Pop rivets! Tacky, but a good theft deterant.

13. Big Tony

Big Tony

Bites...sounds like you will be taken care of though

14. I am getting mine soon too, I guess I need to make sure its secure. I think whoever stole it must think it was cool. GET YOUR OWN.

15. myride2

myride2
    from canada

i can remember back in the 60's that vw emblems were non existent because of the fact that they were also popular to the theives. i wonder if u downgraded the appearance of the alliance plaque that they wouldn't be so eye appealing?

16. I mounted mine on the glove box door..

Rick

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

My kids keep stealing mine.....Next year I am gonna get a new one

18. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

well the price of aluminum has gone up . and I'd guess there's as much aluminum it a plaque as there is in a beer can. Mine is pop riveted on, I know it's ugly , BUT I still have it.

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

This really sucks ! Your name is on it so what good is it to someone else .
    Next one you get , put in you wind shied in plain view with 2 tiny wires attacked to the plaque . Now charge up a couple condensers and attach to the wires from the plaque . Now when they touch the plaque they will get the shit shocked out of them ! I am sure there are some other ways but at least that will make the fuc*ing thief think next time .
    Could wire it up to your horn so when the plaque is removed the horn will sound off ! Then everyone will see who the lowlife fuc*ing thief's are ! This stealing shit at shows has to really stop ! I wouldn't even think of putting my hands in someone else's hot rods at a show ! I see so many ladies leave their pocket books in the cars ! I have even seen paper money laying in cars among other items . You really hate to think that someone would really want to "STEAL" the things you work so hard for , but a thief will steal anything ! Break their fingers when you catch them the next time !

RetroJim

20. [​IMG]
    they steal them because all the cool kids have one!!

21. How about a sticky with a list of the stolen tags

Then if we happen to spot one we can ask politely how exactly the individual happened to come to possess the tag and then .....

22. Babyearl

Babyearl

I'm pretty safe,,, Nobody wants one that says "BABYEARL" but me.:D

23. I just can't imagine. I don't think most at Sonic even knows what HAMB is. I say something about the HAMB from time to time and they look at me like I'm from the friggin' Moon! But at any rate, it's gone. I just never figured anyone would snatch it. I had a magnet glued to the back side so I could stick it on my dash without drillin' holes. Worked fine but this particular time I didn't have it on the dash, just on the windshield where it wraps around. Funny, it was at the same place at Turkey Run last year and thousands of people walked by and never touched it. Go figure .. Thievin' bastards ..!!

24. Had one stolen from the inside of the Caddy while we were parked at the famous hotel lot on S. Congress Ave the year before last, while attending the Friday nite festivities at the Round Up.

It was promptly replaced.

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Sorry to hear that. I bet the 2nd amendment they don't get mine.

26. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

My black '08 tag got stolen last spring at a rod run. If you see it, steal it back for me.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

27. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

28. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Some people are stupid a friend of mine had his tag ripped off Ryan replaced it.
    If you knew this person you would leave his shit alone setting your self up for a heavy ass kicking!

29. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I think this place has a popular following.. but, some people just cant leave things alone..

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's bullshit.