Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen '55 Chevy convertible

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by firemangordy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. firemangordy

firemangordy

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]<big> I received this in an e-mail from a friend and am posting it as received. This was on the news here in L.A. last night.

</big>[/FONT]​

I am reaching out to you as you know a lot of car people. A few days ago I took my newly acquired 1955 Chevy Convertible to North Hollywood Auto Upholstery as I have so many of my cars over the years as have many of our friends. I merely wanted a new boot constructed for the Convertible as the one that was on it did not fit right and was not leather as was the rest of the upholstery.

Well, this morning at 7:30 I get a call from Pedro who owns North Hollywood Auto Upholstery and he proceeds to tell me that my car was stolen out of his shop last night.

I am reaching out to whomever may have contacts to circulate this incident and I am also sending along some pics of the car. I had just recently purchased the car at the Mecum Auction in Anaheim in the middle of November and the car had only been out of my garage approx three times, the third time to go to NO. Hollywood Auto Upholstery...I am suspicious that it was an inside job as this car had not been anywhere for the two months I had it and the only place it went for any length of time was to NO. Auto Upholstery.....so I am hopeful that my friends will know about it and perhaps keep a sharp eye out for it...although It is quite possible it is in a container on its way to some overseas location...

Thanks for any help you can give me...

Bill McChesney
    818-381-6179-cell

<table align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding:2px" align="center" valign="middle" width="33%">[​IMG] </td> <td style="padding:2px" align="center" valign="middle" width="33%">[​IMG] </td> <td style="padding:2px" align="center" valign="middle" width="33%">[​IMG] </td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding:2px" align="center" valign="middle" width="33%">[​IMG] </td> <td style="padding:2px" align="center" valign="middle" width="33%">[​IMG] </td></tr></tbody></table>

[FONT='comic sans ms', sans-serif][/FONT]

2. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Damn. Sure hope it turns up.

3. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Gotta be some type of conspiracy.Seems like a bunch of these types of chevys have been disappearing.But Dr phills was recently found correct?

4. lawman

lawman

That's a shame !!!!

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd suspect anyone who saw the car at the upholstery shop over the "few days" it was there. Could the car have been seen from a public place such as the street through an open door, or was the car located inside the building to the point that someone would only know the car was there by;

A) seeing it originally pull into the shop (onlookers or people doing business at neighboring businesses)?

B) actually being inside the shop (to include employees, customers, delivery drivers, other folks 'hanging out' at the shop)?

other slimoption is if the owner "announced" to someone where the car was-getting work done.

6. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Seems to me I remember another high profile car being taken in the same type of situation, I don't know if it is the same shop or not.

7. roughneck424

roughneck424

Yeah there was a black 57 Chevy stolen out of an upholstery shop in Culver City area. Reward Ads on Craigslist. Been over a year now.

8. Did you sign a repair order with the shop?,
    the shop then is fully responsible for your loss. You need to talk to his insurance company (or a lawyer) regarding the loss. Plus find the bastard that stole it.........

9. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

10. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

What a shame. Good luck in hopefully getting it back safe and sound. Man this seems to happen a lot.

11. Here are the photos of the 1955 Chevy, I got the same email also.
    Will keep eyes open in Los Angeles!

Attached Files:

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Hopefully he had it insured for theft, and for full value?

13. Most shops I see have posted signs, "not responsible for theft or loss". This goes for inside the shop as well as outside. But definitely worth talking to his insurance carrier.

Bob

14. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Over the last 7 years there have been several Tri-Years stolen in LA from various shops. A couple were parted out and many of the parts were found after being sold on internet auction sites. The rest were probably treated the same way and not caught.

Someone inside is in on this IMO.

15. The one I was referring to is the one in the post,,,2013 wasn't a couple of years ago and I didn't say it was stolen at the GNRS,,:mad: HRP

16. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Damn shame! I HATE frickin lowlife skum of the earth theives! Sure hope it turns up unharmed!

17. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hater hearing someone get their ride stolen - it just leaves you with an empty feelin' inside.
    I hope the car is found, and soon.
    Good luck.

18. jesse1980

jesse1980

Hope you find it. I'm sure the shop probly had something to do with it. Sounds fishy.

19. scrapheap51

scrapheap51
    from Oregon

That really sucks, How come with all the time, sweat and money that goes into your rides, dont you want to install a GPS Tracker? or a low jack? Or is it too expensive?

20. Decent shops avoid having their name associated with thefts of customer's cars. Bad for business.

More than likely, bad guys make the rounds of local shops to see what is parked there being worked on. They may even pose as potential customers, wanting to see some of their actual work.

Some shops make sure walkins can't casually see what they're working on.

Bob

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  21. SHIPPIE

SHIPPIE

Inside job if you ask me ~ I would think a shop in N. Hollywood would have an alarm system ~ camera system ~ something! Any forced entry into the shop? Anything else valuble inside stolen? The shop may not be responsible for lost items, but when it's a 20k car ~ that's a different story!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

You car will get a lot of attention real fast , not the everyday car you see around town, hopefully your insured with a no hassle insurance company like hagerity . Someone is bound to spot it i hope your able to recover it in one piece.

23. I smell a fuckin rat!

24. You might be amazed at the number of shops that have no alarm system and security cameras. Or there is a problem with it and they're too lazy or cheap to have it fixed.

Which is something a customer may ask before they do business with someone. I sure would.

Bob

25. roughneck424

roughneck424

26. When something is stolen these days it the owner's fault for not securing it properly, not the thieves, right? Maybe we should punish the owner for being so naive and trusting.

27. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Wrong, if there were no theives we wouldnt be talking about it.The punishment is not scaring these lowlifes and thats the problem.

28. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

I think he is being punished!

29. specialk

specialk

This is what you come up with? :mad: