Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen '55 chevy(conn.) still looking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino the weirdo, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

My good friend Frank Majauskas had his 1955 Chevy stolen back in 1995 and has never been seen again!
    I thought this site might bring his long lost baby home!
    It was stolen on December 5th 1995 from his locked garage under his house in Thomaston, Connecticut !!
    He came home from work late in the afternoon and the home was ransacked and the car gone!!
    The car has been on the cover of The Bargain News paper!Last color was the blue and white paint !!
    The car is a 55 2dr hardtop,motor is a 427 Chevy with aluminum heads,Dough Nash 5 speed with line lock and a 12 bolt rear with ladder bars!!

Long shot since this was stolen in 1995 BUT ....never know.
    Redone wheel wells a Tip-off and
    Some items would take a lot of effort to change.
    Nomad rear bumper
    Cowl Induction hood
    Tow Tabs - welded to frame under front bumper
    Tabs welded on frame for engine-catch cable
    Channel iron welded on frame over brake and gas lines (passenger side - clutch area)
    Square holes cut in frame w/side holes drilled through frame ( changed leaf spring location
    to inside frame.) Also has square box welded in spare tire well (clearance for mounting
    leaf spring. Series of holes in flat panel behind rear bumper ( for elect. fuel pumps)
    Firewall dented in for clearance for Vertex Mag. Mini tubbed (3") Koni-coil over ladder-bar.
    Narrow 12 bolt. Thanks so much guys !! Too much more to list. see complete post & info:
    http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=779

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I hope for the best for your friend to recover his car.
    It may still be somewhere "cooling" off then to be renumbered and retitled and sold or, more likely, was stripped bare , the parts sold or used by the thieves, and the carcass cut up or pushed into river, quarry pit or other steel eating body of water.

3. I'm guessing that puppy was stripped immediately. The body could probably be still used as a drag car....it's not like they need to be Vin checked if they don't have plates. I'd have someone keep their eyes peeled up at Lebanon Valley

4. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

It was seen driving around back then ...by more than one person ...even a Cop that wasn't aware it was stolen .But- big world out there ,to hope & believe it stayed in Ct. Everybody envolved, frequent Lebanon and other tracks...always looking. More that know about it ..can't hurt. Was a Flawless car! to cut it up would be a shame.