Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Stolen 32 Ford Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zz29, Aug 5, 2018.

1. zz29

zz29

IMG_4198.JPG IMG_4199.JPG

Just posting these photos because someone I know had this car stolen in Dartmouth, MA. don’t know many details about it but posting it here in case someone sees it around.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably would have been better if you had posted 32 tudor stolen in New England. Anymore with the abuse of the term "classic car" a lot of us think some mid/late 60's rig.

3. Nice car, I can imagine the owner is devastated and I'm sure he loves his Deuce as much as I love mine, hoping it's recovered soon and undamaged. HRP

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be posting it on FB and Craigslist in that area. Chances are someone who couldn't afford a clapped out Grenada last week all the sudden has a new 32 Ford project in his garage or someone with a really clapped out 32 tudor all the sudden is making great progress on his build.

5. Terrible80

Terrible80

6. Sporty45

Sporty45

I'll keep an eye out in southern NH

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I hate a thief. Hope it's found before it's too late.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I fixed the title

chryslerfan55, Outback, zz29 and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That should draw far more attention to the thread.

Moriarity and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Looking out in CT. Also for parts!

11. Nobey

Nobey

Can't help much in California, but my thoughts are with you. That looks like a nice car, and I hope it's found soon.
    In the old days, they hung horse thieves......

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. dan31

dan31

TTT for the evening crowd.

13. You never know, it may end up on the West coast.

117harv, jvo and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. oldsman41

oldsman41

Been reading about older stuff being stolen. Big ring well financed. They have a cargo container ready to go to Brazil or Argentina get the nessasary paper work there then sell it in Europe. Big business

The Shift Wizard likes this.
  15. zz29

zz29

16. A Boner

A Boner

17. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

18. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

We need more picture if anybody can....Easier to keep an eye out if someone parts it out, hope you find it soon.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I can't imagine getting one of my old cars stolen. my old Volvo got stolen once, the worst thing about that was I got it back.

jrbunch, chiro, HEMI32 and 4 others like this.
  20. Keeping an eye out in NC.

21. arincee

arincee

Good looking car. I feel bad for the owner. I'll keep an eye out in central N.Y.

22. Probably headed to Boston to be shipped out. Get a couple of cars into a container and it never sees daylight until its way too late.

23. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Hope he had a good insurance policy

24. 392

Back to the top.

25. fortynut

fortynut

When I read posts about stolen vehicles, vintage and some, even, inside trailers, the question that comes to mind is the circumstances of the theft. There are lapses in judgement when something valuable is put in a place without some level of security. As we all know a thief is drawn to something that does not represent a threat to his exposure as he is in the act of committing his theft. Locks as my grandpa used to say, are for keeping honest people out. Alarm systems are a good means of catching a thief in the act, if they are not bypassed or defeated by one method or the other. This is not to imply we are at the mercy of those who would take by stealth what is not theirs. The old saying, 'Like a thief in the night', pretty much holds true where things are taken from buildings, garages, and outbuildings. Overlapping and redundant security systems, cameras and outdoor lighting in addition to secret switches to keep the power off, line locks with a keyed locking mechanism, and other default tricks will keep someone from driving off in it. But, anything parked on a street can be taken by a rollback. Unfortunately it is illegal to use booby traps, or I would suggest acquiring a copy the U.S. Army manual 'Improvised Explosive Devices and Booby Traps'. And, like several have mentioned a stolen 'Vintage' Hot Rod probably ends up in a chop shop and is parted out. Though, as we all wish to believe, I hope the owner finds both his car intact, and the Fuzz collar the thieves, nasty rat bastards that they are.

bobss396 likes this.
  26. More pics & info from the "SouthCoastTODAY" website:

Rare vintage Ford vanishes from Dartmouth garage
    by Steve Urbon
    posted: {Thursday} August 9th 2018

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG

DARTMOUTH — Paul Levasseur hadn’t opened his garage in a few days as he used his “daily driver” to get to and from work in Assonet.

But on Friday {August 3rd 2018}, he opened that garage on Green Drive only to find that his treasured 1932 Ford Tudor 2-door sedan was missing, leaving a huge hole in the garage and a huge knot in the pit of his stomach.

His wife, Brenda, told The Standard-Times, “He’s just so exhausted. He knows a lot of people and has been getting five or six calls a day saying they heard about the car.” Again, there’s that knot in the stomach all over again.

The Dartmouth Police Department is treating this as a stolen car, one that has a fresh coat of black paint and is worth $66,000, said Brenda.

And yes, the car is insured.

But that’s not the point. The point is how did a car thief manage to remove a 1932 Ford from a garage right next to the house, and do it with nobody noticing.

Brenda’s Facebook page has been peppered with condolences, people trying to be supportive and helpful. One friend posted saying the car had been spotted on the road somewhere in the rural towns of SouthCoast. That prompted Brenda to post fliers around the Assonet area hoping someone will have seen something.

One of the Levasseurs’ neighbors offered the clue that he saw two suspicious men in a car parked on the street near their home, only to speed off when he approached.

Brenda even took the trouble to contact an organization called the Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association. The group posted the information about the Ford on its website, which is chock full of stolen classic cars.

After five days, the truth is the car could be almost anywhere. All it takes is a truck big enough to swallow it and spirit it away. Or, the car might still be in the area hidden away in the knowledge that everybody is looking for it.

In the four years they owned it, that rare Ford unlocked the door to the culture of classic cars. They joined the dozens of proud owners of rare vintage cars, traveling to car shows and setting up the lawn chairs for a day of socializing with others who have the same passion. Brenda said that they had dialed back their participation as they entered retirement. But the loss of the car is still especially painful.

Anyone who has information is asked to call Detective Joe Catana at 508-910-1781.

27. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

What a shame. Can only hope for a positive outcome.

Thieves. Nasty people.

Woogeroo likes this.
  28. Here's a couple more pics of the car (from the owner's Facebook page):

Levasseur Deuce Tudor - interior.jpg
    Levasseur Deuce Tudor - rear.jpg