Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen 31 coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelAedsel, Aug 22, 2009.

1. modelAedsel

modelAedsel
    from rocklin

I have posted this in another section and was directed here to reach more people. I am trying to find my car. I was having Skip Cole of Skips Rods in Salinas help me out with it and he seems to have misplaced it, or someone stole it while he was napping or I picked up with out him knowing or....... It is a 31 five window ford flat black 32 shell perfect 1950 olds 303 rocket(real deal) with hydromatic and real moon spun tank. plus other parts and pieces I paid for and a few others. It was in the last thirty days that it happened. This was a project for me and my 7 and 10 year old sons. I am trying to pass on what my father and I share and this was a kick to the jewels. I will say that the emails and outcry of disgust over what has happened has been awesome. We appreciate it. I will be sending out pictures of the car tomorrow. Thank you for reading this and helping out in finding this and righting a wrong.

2. Post some pictures here, some more details on where the theft took place might help.

3. 343w

343w

That is Salinas, California. Does the shop have liability insurance? He is reponsible for whatever customer property is on his sight. You might want to check his record to see if this is the first time stuff got gone.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

make sure you post some pictures of motor and tranny.just in case someone trys to part it out.also any pics.of distinctive mods or anything that will set it apart from a another one.good luck.hopefully carma will bite whoever took it.

5. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Need some pics soon. As I will be at the GG swap meet in a couple hours. It may already be there apart.

6. modelAedsel

modelAedsel
    from rocklin

I am having trouble posting the pic hopefully will have it up in a few. The car was in Salinas California. Skip drives a 31 phaeton purple flamed adn named it appropriately Mmisbehaven. I appreciate the help. The body had its normal dings and dents but the drivers side vertical windshield pillar was dented pretty good. I had a donar piece with car.

7. brewsir

brewsir

Have you filed a police report? I would be talking with an attorney myself....gotta be something you can do.

8. modelAedsel

modelAedsel
    from rocklin

I have started the small claims paperwork already and will try to get it resolved that way. If I win a judgment I still have to try and collect. I appreciate the advice you guys on here have been great. I am going to good guys tomorrow and will be looking there for him and my car.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Not a good situation....hoping for the best.

10. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

You might be the new skipper of Skips Rods in Salinas ?

full replacement value. might want to return the first 2 checks, until the insurance co. gets it right.

11. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I'll keep my eye out. I would keep an eye on swaps, flea markets, egay and craigslist.

12. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

its hard to tell without pics.....but a car fitting the description just sold here south of Salinas...off of hwy 101 for 5k

13. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Well,There is Hayward and Turlock this weekend. So I am going to try to make both to have a looksee.

14. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

So does any one even know what this car looks like?

15. 31whitey

31whitey

Any docks around there....

cause oh stank.....some smells fishy....

16. What?, Still no pictures. How in the hell do you expect us to help if we don't know what to look for? Or is this just a sicko joke?:mad:

17. sensor

sensor

with out pictures its really hard to take this seriously(especially since he only said hes filed small claims stuff but not a police report)
    it if were mine and i didnt know how to post pics.....you can bet id find someone who could asap!as well as filing a report with the pd!
    if this is real sorry.....just sounds fishy:rolleyes:

18. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Aint never heard of a SKIPS RODS in Salinas? Skip Cole? Theres a Cole in Salinas but not Skip Cole?

19. Fenders

Fenders

"It was in the last thirty days that it happened. .."
    No pix,
    small claims,
    no police report...
    Like he really cares.........

20. if my car was stolen , i wouldnt be sitting on the computer ide be out looking for it, and trying to get to the bottom of if regardless of who or what was at the top.

to o.p. good luck with it.

21. Nomadness

Nomadness

Bogus Bullshit :mad:

22. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Something shady going on but I can't figure it out. Why did you go to a guy in Salinas if you live in Rocklin? That is almost 200 miles away and I can think of a about 5 reputable shops here in the Sacramento area to go to that would be a lot closer. No pics of your car? Really? Come on now....also no police report either. That is the first thing I would do if I was told my car was missing. Googled "Skip Cole" and "Cole's Hot Rods" and a bunch of other variations and got nothing, why would you go to a shop that isn't even listed?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  23. Sounds kinda weird.
    His profile says he was on here yesterday at 9:39 PM so I guess he found his car and doesn't like to update.

24. kustombypook

kustombypook

There really should be some kind of IQ test you have to take before you are allowed to post on the HAMB.

25. modelAedsel

modelAedsel
    from rocklin

Was it in front of storage facility?

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ya know if this is legit..it sucks...but it begs the question..why did you wait so long to do something about it?
    why no pictures?
    why no police report?
    why isnt his insurance covering your loss?
    who is this guy?
    and why so darn far from you?
    i could go on all night with ????
    so im stopping here

27. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Hey guys its legit he really did get fucked. He just isnt a regular hamb guy so he doesnt update and do the computer thing like the rest of you.

He is back and forth to the area so that is why it was being built there.

So give the guy a break and stop starting conspiracy theories.

I will see if i can get the pics

28. Von Franco

Von Franco

There is a Skip Cole but lives in Prunedale not Salinas and he doe's have a 31 ford touring car purple and black. That's all i could find for now,Pics. will be a big factor in this post...

29. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

This is a guy who's car got stolen.

If you have an opinion great but lets all just try to help a guy get his car back!

BTT

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Acording to your first post this happened within the last 30 days. You mean it's been 30 days (or longer) since you checked on your project? That's unbelievable. I have never had a customer in over 30 years that went more than two weeks without checking in. I require it as I bill every Friday for that weeks work to be paid by the middle of the following week or work stops until the billis up to date.
    Care to comment on this?

Frank