Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen! 1937 Ford Panel Truck- Phoenix, Arizona - UPDATE: RECOVERED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zellerware, Aug 10, 2010.

1. steve53

steve53

it makes me feel so good those guys got caught. i dont even know what i would do if someone nabbed my '53.

kick ass seabass! all those involved in the recovery should go buy lottery tickets with the karma you are racking up you may just win!

2. Panhead Joe

Panhead Joe

Great Job Nick!

That had to be the best trip to the DMV in history!

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This is awesome! Never underestimate the power of the HAMB!

4. Four thumb's up to Nick and the cops for getting it done, and yes Nick for Hamb'er of the year............

Nick did the cops give you any static? or get right on it......

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

This is freaking awsome..you rock Nick..right place right time , right frame of mind to act interested in it and taking pictures...hahha i hope these theifs rot in jail

6. hershambob

hershambob

glad to hear the owners got panel back,well done to all who helped

7. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

8. As everyone has stated previously, Great work!! Its great that you Zellerware were alert and saw this going down. I too know the pain of items stolen and never seen again!! However this one has a great ending, a little fixable damage but all intact and RECOVERED!!
    Great day for the Blakes. Once again, the HAMB come through.
    Additionally Demon Member, here is another DEMONS CC, a plaque from a different era but still displayed proudly. These "DEMONS" were a CC and racing team in the early 60s of which I was a Member.
    ONCE AGAIN GREAT WORK FROM YOU TWO!!! Dave

Attached Files:

9. Nick, great job! It is nice to know that you are looking out for others.

10. Please clean up or delete redsteely's post.

"Rules:
    1. No profanity in subject lines
    2. No political/religious/racial posts"

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

11. I wish I lived in Arizona - the British Government made it illegal to own handguns many years ago. I had to hand in all my legally held and licenced handguns to be torched. Of course, criminals can have any gun they want......

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Man, what a great story on the recovery. I sure hope the truck wasn't stripped too badly, despite the paint being destroyed. Anyone got the total time from theft to recovery? I'd also like to know if the 6 arrested actually took the truck, or did it pass thru other hands. And if they did take it, were they "working" migrant or day-labor jobs in the area where the truck was stored, which would have allowed them to plan their heist? Gary

13. 51stylelinedeluxe

51stylelinedeluxe

wow great story! good job nick and anyone else involved. anything comes up missing around here i'm calling you!:D

14. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

wow it great to finally see a happy ending to one of these stolen stories.. VIVA LA HAMB!!!

15. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Good Job Nick !!!!!

16. Wow this is a story made for a movie - great job all around - the power of the HAMB is a success story worth telling!

17. Miss Veronica Vaughn

Miss Veronica Vaughn
    from AZ

Same thing here. =/

Kudos again to all involved for the recovery of the truck. Its taught me a lesson, old people rock and they are dangerous because they have so much time on their hands! ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  18. fattysgarage

fattysgarage

Awesome! It's always good to hear a story like that!

19. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Incredible story, folks. Kudos to all involved.

20. Tommy R

Tommy R

Fantastic!! Thanks for keeping an eye out, Nick!

21. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Good news for a change. I hope that the owners and/or the insurance company see fit to offer Nick Flores a reward for his efforts in the recovery of the truck. I'd be interested in knowing how much (if any) jail time the six knuckleheads get.

22. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

YES !!!!!!!! and THANK YOU to all who got involved !!!!!!!!!!

23. You know, for an FNG you've got your head screwed on right better than a lot of the old-timers here do! :D

I'd tell FOX News to piss-off. What do you think means more to them? Someone getting their stolen property recovered, or boosting their ratings??? :eek:

24. abone1930

abone1930

Freakin Awesome, glad to hear a good outcome. I knew there is power in numbers :D

25. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Good fucking work Nick!!! ...and of course thanks to zellerware for putting the word out, and big congrats to the Blake family!

Coolest news I've heard all day...

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a little something from the interweb:

Grand theft of an automobile occurs when someone takes another person's car without permission, with the intent to permanently deprive them of it. Grand theft requires that the property stolen have a value over $400. Grand theft auto is a felony, punishable with imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months to 3 years.

of course with lawyers and plea bargains and overcrowding and good behavior.... who knows what a person could get.

27. Nick Flores-

Salute!

28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Once again everyone; THANK YOU for all the PM's, kind words and ATTA BOYS! I took a little trip into the city this morning to meet with Mr. Blake and take a tour of his machine shop. He is very thankful for all of us keeping our eyes open and for the recovery of his vehicle. As for the news report, I told them to call me back after I had a chance to ask Dave how he felt about it. He's all for it, but I agree with Miss Vaughn as well. The reporter was supposed to call me a few hours ago but hasn't, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

A bunch of you guys have sent me PM's practically demanding that I accept a reward and also to donate time/cash towards the restoration of the Panel. I mentioned this to Mr. Blake and he was amazed at your generosity. I personally feel the the result of this situation is reward enough, however in lieu of a cash reward he offered to machine and assemble the engine for my project. I told him ok as long as I get to be there every step of the way.

For anyone wishing to contribute any sort of contribution to the reward/restoration fund, shoot me a PM and I'll get the paypal info to you. Mr. Blake has a paypal account and any funds will go directly to him.

Edit: I always think of stuff after I post...
    Mr. Blake decided that there will be a panel on the panel reserved as a thank you to the HAMB and anyone who donates time/cash/materials to this cause.

The vehicle is safe and sound, will be coming home very soon. At this point I don't feel comfortable sharing any other details. Once the police conclude thier investigation and the thives are locked away, we'll have a true and documented update to share.

In the picture from L to R: Myself, Mr. Blake, and Zellerware who just happened to drop by the shop while I was there.

Attached Files:

• 150.jpg
      150.jpg
      File size:
      449.2 KB
      Views:
  29. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The power of the HAMB.

30. need louvers ?