Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen! 1937 Ford Panel Truck- Phoenix, Arizona - UPDATE: RECOVERED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zellerware, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bigken

bigken

Awesome work Nick. Kudo's to you, and inspiration for us all. Congrats to the family on the return of their property.

2. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Way to go Nick! Awesome!

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Wow, really good story.
    Nick is such a class act not wanting the reward money. Couldnt end better.

4. Right frickin on! Good work Nick!

-Shiny

5. That's great. Glad they got the panel back!

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You bet, pretty damn humble......must be a cool guy to have a beer with

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Awesome!

Any details from the newspaper yet?

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

WOW!!!!
    Nick, it looks like you cant spend a dime nationwide where they sell beer!
    Come to Tucson, PM me and I'll add to your beer content. I'll even be designated driver. Sheriff Joe is proving he has a heart by NOT turning those car thieves over.
    Great thread and story. Another "If my car could talk".

9. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Great to see the truck recovered, wow, way cool!

One of the first things to come to my mind is that these "car thieves" are...

Stoooooopid... Damn, they are so dumb that they are likely to get off on account of near terminal stupidity.

I find it hard to believe that they are even smart enough to even open their eyes in the morning. Where can you find people like that?

Goes to show you that anyone can make it in America, as stupid as they are, they came close to pulling it off.

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Nick , Glad to hear that there is still good people out there that really care ! Most people wouldn't give a shit what happens and that is why most of our streets are the way they are today ! If more people would just "Say Something" instead of looking the other way , this country would be a lot better off than today !

This is one story that has a GREAT ending ! I really hope they will be able to restore the truck once again .
    Again , Nick thanks for being in the right place at the right time and "Saying Something" to the Police . I hope they really get what they deserve and spend many years in prison !

Retro Jim

11. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!! :cool:

12. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm heading down this morning to meet with Mr. Blake and take a tour of their shop/collection. A TV reporter called me this morning and asked to interview me, I think its a great story but I'd rather ask the Blake's how they feel about that. I have to thank all of you for the ATTA-BOY's and accolades as well. Please don't forget to thank zellerware for posting this thread originally. Without his posting not nearly as many of us locally(and internationally for that matter) would have known about this.

need louvers ? likes this.
  13. -Brent-

-Brent-

True, nice job to you too Zellerware and apologies for not recognizing you, originally!

14. 100% Matt

100% Matt

zellerware & nick flores = rulers:d

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  15. bartikus

bartikus

this is amazing i'm glad he got the truck back. it just goes to show you that there are still good people out there in the world willing to band together to try and acoplish a single goal.

16. Hey Frank... Cowboy Bobs HA/GR was recovered with the trailer missing the four wheeler... I believe there were convictions as well... Very cool catching them red handed!

17. RichG

RichG

Nice catch Nick! It's great to see one of these threads turn out good for a change.

18. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I think zellerware and Nick have just chalked up some well deserved "Carma Points".
    Nice to see that the Blake's get their treasure back.

19. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Awesome eye NICK!!! Im so gald this turned out well.

20. chickenshift

chickenshift

Its good to see the hamb community rally behind this post and help bring a family heirloom back to its original owners. Great job to Nick, and may these perps. feel the full force of the law. All these recent posts of members or friends pride and joys being stolen just makes me sick. Hopefully the rest become as fortunate in finding their cars as well.

21. thats great, having been robbed last year and them catching the guy but no recovery of any thing.... this is a good thing....

22. Well done to all those involved for finding the truck and ultimately getting it returned to it's owners. I can ownly hope that AZ is tougher on car thiefs than the state of Washington. I can't remember the exact number of necessary convictions, but our local press reported a few years ago, that it is an average of 14-19 times someone has to be convicted of auto theft in WA, before they receive any real punishment for the crime. Now that's angry making...

Scott/Gotta56forme

23. It's Fantastic to see this end so well, and the sweet little panel recovered.The way H.A.M.B. people pull together like this restores one 's faith in humanity. Bless you all ! I once had a '27 T coupe stolen from my yard. It never showed up again. I know how the panel owners must have felt. They had all that history involved. I'm so glad it will be home sagain. It's a pity the paint got messed with, but it can be redone. I hope they can theft proof that panel enough to keep it home. Great work guys ! Bud

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Got a quick update on the update!!! Someone here in Phoenix has turned this story into the local FOX news affiliate KSAZ, and it should run on this evenings news! I kinda think that the H.A.M.B. is going to figure quite prominently in this deal! My question is this- can somebody more clever than myself monitor this and see that the clip ends up here on the board? I think it might be a good deal for all of us in the car hobby if those around us not only understand that we are here, but that we take care of our own! Thanks again Nick!
    Now I wonder who might have turned this into the news......

25. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

The lady from FOX told me it was you...lol

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

Would that make it a Louvers leak? :)

need louvers ? likes this.
  27. Hell yeah anybody here coulda held them if nessary,the state just made it legal for ANY CITIZEN (legal) to carry a firearm conceled or otherwise.no permit required.however Nick did the right thing........Cant wait to see Nick get his FAME on TV tonite............

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  28. This story made my morning! I HATE freakin' thieves. I'm in a great mood knowing that this vehicle was recovered and the "pinche ladrones" were caught.

Nick Flores....AWESOME WORK! Thank goodness for people like you and the rest of the "good" guys in the HAMB community. I'm stoked for the owners too.

As a very small token of appreciation, I'd like to offer up one of my shift knobs to you...your choice, postage paid. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Seriously.

THANKS AGAIN to all you awesome people. Oh yeah...NICK FLORES FOR HAMBer OF THE YEAR!!

29. big creep

big creep

if its aired can you guys please put it up? tape it? and put it up for us? thanks!

30. Satinblack

Satinblack

Awesome job!!! Man, I want to move to Arizona :)