Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN 1936 Ford Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead dodge roadster, Dec 23, 2011.

1. This is great news!!! These kinds of people need to be tied behind the car and drug back to where it came from.

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

Sucky. And the guy's a vet who makes house calls, for cryin' out sakes...

Bump!

Doh! Thought I WAS on the last page! Anyway, congrats Doc!!! Now you're ready to haul home some more grandkids. Now if we could only find my dad's Model A pickup that was stolen years ago - it's probably a tunafish can by now... Glad it worked out for you, Doc.

3. Guy I work with was at home on lunch and saw 8 cop cars at a house down the street...turns out they were bustin the guy and he saw the car come out of hiding!!!

I was just thinking the other day how this car is probably long gone...

4. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

5. I am glad to read that it will be returning home.

6. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I HATE seeing these threads start, it sure is nice to see one end this way.

So, howsabout a little more info. What does "...in almost one piece" mean? Was the dirtwad carving the car up to sell parts? Apparently someone knows where he lives, from that could we get a name? Any known associates that might also be thieves or sellers of stolen cars or parts? Yeah, "innocent till proven guilty", but being caught red handed with someone else's stolen car should be proof enough. He's earned some bad PR, don't ya think? Making his life a little more difficult might deter him or his lowlife buddies from a repeat performance. Does he have a Facebook page? Is there already a Facebook page with links to known thieves, or should we start one? Not advocating vigilante justice, but a little heat would be well deserved. Get him looking over his shoulder when he goes out... Be a shame if he suffered a little bad luck himself...

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I love a happy ending...

8. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Great news on the find! Very happy to hear that it never left the 509. Too bad your buddy didnt get any pics of the scene going down!

9. DrNicT61

DrNicT61
    from Spokane

My father in law and I have been investigating the crooks for a couple days gathering evidence, hen we gave what we had to he cops and they arrested them. We did all the work XD
    I will post the video I recorded of the place where the car was at in a minute. News story on KXLY and KHQ tonight also.
    Pass this onto everyone you know.

10. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DrNic for President!!!

11. DrNicT61

DrNicT61
    from Spokane

I hope I dont get kicked for posting links. Here is a video I recorded as sonn as I got to the scumbags house. Before it was stolen, it was in one piece, at least we got her back and in original condition. We are going to keep it original and never hot rod it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmkU...xt=C369fffaUDOEgsToPDskJFQF3DVphozOiJ3lpNK5bJ
    If you look on my channel I posted another short clip of the rest of the parts.
    Thanks to all of you for helping
    Pass this on to everyone you know to spread the good news

12. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Great news! must have been hard to not light a match to the house after the car was removed.

13. DrNicT61

DrNicT61
    from Spokane

14. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Good form, i dont know what i would do in that situation that wouldnt end in me going to Jail for assault. One of the reasons i have always loved old cars is the thought that no one would have balls big enough to steal it as they are too easily identifiable and not worth the risk. This trend seems to be changing. Sign of the times !...so happy for you mate.:)

15. Great news...to hear the 36 was recovered.. I say tie 'em to the car and drag'em..

16. DrNicT61

DrNicT61
    from Spokane

17. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Great news! Congrats on the recovery.

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great news good work

19. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

"A stolen Honda Odyssey was also recovered"....hhmmm i was just about to say..at least the theives had good taste ! but clearly they are just plain old run-of-the-mill deadbeats. If they stuck to just stealing Hondas..they prob would still be in buisiness.........

20. DrNicT61

DrNicT61
    from Spokane

The guys hired a new towing company to haul it to their place and lied saying they were fixing it for the "customer"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

NICE!!! Good guys 1...Bad guys 0.

22. Im so happy to hear you got the car back. I hope they get the book thrown at them!
    Great work- too bad YOU had to be the one to do it!

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might be a good idea to go back and mark the lead post noting that it has been recovered.

Great news that the car was recovered and all or most all of the pieces are there still.

24. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

This really breaks my heart and steams me at the same time! You can bet your bottom dollar that we Spokane rodders will "put out the word" on these jokers and they WILL be caught for their nefarious and cowardly deed. What punks!! Hopefully on of 'em will start braggin' about it..........

25. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

It was found.

;)

26. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Oh Man, that makes my day! Now for an appropriate punishment, forget the trial part.......

27. big creep

big creep

wait, so the tow truck driver never saw this on the news, that a 1936 ford 5 window that im sure he never see everyday was reported stolen? im sure the tow truck driver remembers rare cars they tow. i would have the cops make a trip over there to ask some questions!

and im glad you guys got the car back! thats great news!!!!

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Was this the Jerry Everett that lives on E. 11th? How far was that from the victims home?

I would bet the good Doctor will welcome you into his family with open arms. :D I'd let you marry my Daughter if I had one.

I wonder if the wife of this lowlife will be on TV defending him like the last wife who came on to say the car found stripped in their backyard was all a "misunderstanding ?" :rolleyes:

Don

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  29. sololobo

sololobo

YaHoo! Good detective work guys. So pleased for the rescue, no problem that this great car won't be hotrodded, it is a cool little hotrod already, love it as it is (was) or as it will be again! ~sololobo~

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, I just looked at the vid. These guys were really going to town on that car. Glad you got it back and good luck on the rebuild.