Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. Maybe he was hired as a Customer Service Consultant.

2. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

HEY STOCKTON

"Don't you get it !"

get off the H.A.M.B.

YOU S.O.B."s ARE NOT WELCOME HERE !!!!!!!

and that goes for any others in the HOBBY that BURN
    hard working people

3. Turbo442

Turbo442

Can but probably won't:rolleyes:

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow. I'm just getting a chance to read all of this... A couple of things for all parties to keep in mind:

1. We are all car guys...
    2. Registering and making an attempt to address the issues is a step in the right direction... However, it's just a step.
    3. Stockton deserves their reputation at this point. I think this thread proves that.

So, what next? I think it would be prudent to let this one go away. Beating a dead horse does no one any good... I think at this point it is up to Stockton to make contact with each of these customers in an attempt to make things right.

5. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

I think we should still beet this dead horse some more they have been screwing customers for many years!!!!

6. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

STOCKTON is like "RUST" it never goes away !!!!!!

7. 5window

5window

Maybe this thread could be closed, to end the beating, but someplace created where actual Stockton "customers" could post the "resolution" of their issues and concerns?

8. phat rat

phat rat

Resolutions posted?? That would probably be an empty page! They deserve what ever bad publicity they get! As for the person who mention a guy named Marty, if I remember right he's the one who gave me the bullshit of that was the best they could do when I complained about their tolerance of +-1/8" on backspacing. Hell it's not rocket science to set a jig for placing the centers correctly

9. +- 1/8" is pretty damn close,

if you are a rough carpenter,or lumber jack.

10. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

the resolution to my order was to do business with someone else.
    I was hung up on several times for asking why my promised ship dates came and went, time after time.
    I was hung up on by Frank, and when I called back, to say we were somehow disconnected, I was told Frank wasn't there.
    The damage is done, I will never try to do business with Stockton Wheel. it's sad and pathetic that they come on here posting as a "regular guy", and get busted doing so, then posting on here as Stockton Wheel trying to patch things up. That's just them repeating how they do business.
    Frank is a liar, and his employees do not know the first thing about customer service,(training from Frank?) and how to treat customers. They get what they deserve. (treat customers like crap, and they stop doing business with you,... it's simple)

11. 5window

5window

"Resolution" was tongue-in-cheek. I meant products received, refunds or, most likely, a posting that nothing positive had happened.

12. Turbo442

Turbo442

I understand where Ryan was going. I hope everyone else does too.
    This msg is over 200 bad experiences long and WILL come up if someone does a search about them. If they still choose to do business with them then shame on them, we warned them.
    Now I am guilty too of pushing someones project or photos down the page.
    Someone shut this one down please.

13. Ought to be made into a sticky.

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Try RallyAmerica at:

http://www.rallyamerica.com/

He's a HAMBer, REALLY nice, and does what he says he will. I ordered CUSTOM offset wheels on a Friday, and had them by the following Thursday!!! And the price was killer too. AND you get a HAMB discount if you're an Alliance member. A real winner! He's Wheelkid on the HAMB, and he's got a customer in my shop for LIFE!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wow I ordered a set of wheels from them last year showed up and were very nice wheels and very helpful on the phone .My 2 cents

16. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Man are you one luck SOB. When you have a couple of days, read the whole thread. You'll realize how lucky you are.

17. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I bought a set of wheels from Stockten for my Jeep in 2004. The quality was horrible, the centers were used and the wheel stud holes were badley worn on 2 of them they also arrived in "bare" finish and I ordered them painted. I did use them, as they were for an offroad vehicle.

I belive the old addage screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me applies here.

I need wheels for my El Camino I guess I will try wheelkid.

19. mike nixon

mike nixon

Well Jeff, after reading ALL 14 pages of this there's now way in hell I'd spend money with these people. Reminds me of Barry Grant On the P/Y site, A lot of hot air being blown around and no one getting serviced the way they should be.

Mike

20. Trish Davis

Trish Davis
    from Ohio

Well, it's been awhile.
    Hope all you fellas are going to come out of this Wall Street debacle with your cars intact and in your own garages.

I promised an let you all know how my post-SW experiences with Rickson Wheel went.

Politely, I can say straight into the crapper.

On June 12, 08, I sent Rickson a $900 MO.
    On August-something 08, I sent them the balance of $754.68.
    On Aug 29, my wheels arrived.

However.... They were 5-bolt!
    Distinctly, I said "6-bolt" to the owner.
    The wheels were also 19.5 instead of 17.5.

Right... so if they coulda bolted on, they wouldn't'a fitted in my wheel wells.

So I whined a bit and sent them back.
    owner called me, blah blah, '19.5 is the industry standar for an RV" etcetra.
    Well, my Travco is a 1969, so I do not give a flying ...uhm, yeah, that... what anybody's current industry standard is.

Finally, after talk of "got to order the tools" (please, my father was a machinist for 43+ yrs, I am kinda familiar with the process, gos BS someone else) I canceled the order.

Send me my money, we're done, no hard feelings I said.
    But that was mid-Sept.
    I got my $900 deposit back on Nov 5 08.
    Yep, Rickson Wheel still owes me 754.68 and I haven't seen it yet.

Uh-huh, I filed a complaint with the Ohio Att Gen's office, that's what the Division of Consumer Affairs is for, after all.

Anyone reading this who needs custom wheels, DO NOT deal with Rickson (ricksontruck.com) unless they have what you want in stock and make sure your order is backed up with all the terms, prices and dates in e-mail.

See, courts (common pleas and up) call that "written commemoration" and it validates what would otherwise be considered a verbal contract.

Would I file a complaint taking this to court? Oh, sure.
    OH or MD, doesn't matter to me.

Be wary. Be very wary. Of everyone, unfortunately.

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

From someone who has experienced the whole "it will be another month" thing..... I hope Stockton gets their act together. This is definitely not the right economy to have these kinds of business practices in.

22. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

23. Nope: http://www.earlywheel.com/index.html

Now owned by Bear Metal Kustoms..lotsa people here that are happy with 'em. ;)

24. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Holy Crap! This thread is a freight train.

I ONLY use Rallye America now. ONLY. Wheel Kid says something is going to happen with your order, and it damn well does. And the prices are unreal as well as the incomparable quality.

25. Poor customer service and public relations can kill a company that may have a fine product. Add to that frequent delays and an apparant inability to provide a straight answer to the timeliness of a shipment, and I personally must look for a manufacturer with a better reputation.

My experience with Stockton wheels is that they are a quality product... once you finally get them. However, their customer service was not good when I ordered my last set of wheels and still apparantly needs serious improvement.

The best, most well-known name in the market will not help a company if the tarnish is thicker than the brand.

Thanks for the tip on Rallye America, Ray!

26. HotRodWillys

HotRodWillys
    from California

Ok,I cant help not adding to this thread.Here's my 2 cents......
    I am a dealer for a certain one of these wheel companies that have been mentioned and even I have had POOR service from them.I figured that they were taking care of the direct sales first,then the dealers but now see almost everyone is having problems.They undersell their dealers at swap meets and that is a shi**y way to do business if you ask me,so I dont really push there product anymore,plus the shipping stabs deep into your profits.
    My other opinion is that they are way under staffed and getting greedy by not hiring enough man power and inexperienced cheap help.Try being a dealer and having your customer getting pissed off at you because they think its your fault.THAT REALLY SUCKS :mad:
    My 3rd thing is that Rally America is a really good place to deal with.You know why? Because from what I have been told by a very good friend,that this guy is the ORIGINAL rally wheel company that even got Wheel Vintiques started in the business.my friend talked one on one to the owner and found this out.My opinion,Rally America is my choice and switch.
    Has anyone else heard this about who really makes these wheels? Not including the cheap Tawain wheels.

27. Micky D

Micky D
    from Olympia,WA

When I was a kid and I lived in Stockton I would take my bicycle over to them and they would help me. Later on in years I never heard much good news about them.

28. MILNR

MILNR

Gents, I don't know about Stockton personally...as they don't sound too good.

So far I'm not having good luck with the Wheelkid at Rally America either. I ordered (2) 14x7 3" bs, chrome reversed wheels on the 17th of March. Was told 2 1/2 weeks. Called last week, week of the 6th they will ship out. Great. Call today to confirm all was on track, now it's the week of the 13th earliest. Looks like it's a month to get 2 wheels. I have commitments before then! Tell me a month from day one, it's fine, don't tell me one thing and then move it out.

For all the good talk on Jimmy, Gary and Rally America on here, and I know they are fellow Hambers...I expected what I have read, excellent turnaround, quick shipments, accurate product, and great service. To be honest, I'm not seeing what all the hype is about right now.

I need some wheels!

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

If he told you one thing, that's because he truly believed he could deliver based on always being able to. His chromer is backed up. I guarantee it. And he'll still get them to you faster than ANYONE else could have by far.