Register now to get rid of these ads!

stipers going to MoKan - help with the auction

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by blacktopbuddha, Jun 5, 2009.

1. I really want to add a few new things to the auction this year and having a small panel jam is on that list. If enough paint slingers step up, I would like to have a "HAMB drags '09" panel to auction off and another to raffle for the folks who donate. Can you help a brother out?

Please PM or e-mail me if you will help out. Thanks

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365204

Stan posted this on last week's art show too

Hey gang -

I'm jumping in this week's show to let all you artsy types know about this year's Silent Auction at the HAMB Drags.

Starting last year, the focus of the event has changed a bit (for the better, I believe) and I wanted to make sure you're all hip to what's going on, as the artwork you folks have donated in past years has always been the most popular and sought-after stuff at the Auction.

In the first years, the Silent Auction was intended simply to provide some member-driven income for the HAMB in general. The proceeds went directly to Ryan - to be used however he saw fit.

Last year though, Ryan suggested they go instead to a HAMB member who might be in special need. Both Blacktopbudda (who I've turned charge of the event over to, primarily due to some health issues) and myself, thought this was a GREAT idea and something that would really add to the spirit of the event.

The proceeds were indeed passed on to a deserving HAMBER last year, but sort of after-the-fact. This time, we want to be sure everyone understands in advance just how worthwhile your contribution to the Auction really can be. It's no longer just a cool way to kick in a little payback to the HAMB itself, but a genuine opportunity to provide meaningful help to a fellow HAMBER who's somehow hurting.

Even though I've had to throttle back some with my involvement in the Auction, Blacktopbudda has allowed me the special honor of "hounding" you very talented people to participate this year by donating some of your work.

Yeah, it's a bit early yet, but before we know it the Drags will be just around the corner. So... It's time right now to make a mental note and either select something(s) from your stash of ass-kickin' artwork, or to begin work on something special just for the Auction.

I'll be following up with instructions about where to send your stuff, etc. Right now though, it's time to start planning what you'll be donating. Heck, I'm so excited about the prospect of all this, I'm actually gonna break out my long-lost art supplies (probably stuff from sometime before many of you were even born - LOL) and crank out something of my own to donate!

Many thanks to those of you who have supported the Auction in past years, and also to those of you who will be contributing for the first time this year. I know you'll do your generous best to put it over the top.

Take care all, and keep watching for updates.

...And now, back to the show!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Hey guy , can you pm you your postal address . I have some things to send over for the auction.
    Wish i could bring them over in person.
    Nigel.

3. Alright, I'm bringing this back to the top because I know that these would make an excellent souvenir for a couple of HAMBers.

It doesn't matter if you have been pulling lines for 60 minutes or 60 years. I just want people who can do a decent job of it. Newbs don't be shy to step in and test the waters. Pros, maybe you can give a few pointers to anybody interested in the craft.

This doesn't even have to happen on Sat at MoKan we can do it Fri night in the parking lot too.

Please PM me if you are interested in donating a small portion of your time for an opportunity to help out fellow HAMBers.

Thanks

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Whipped up a piece to contribute this w/e. The pics don't show up the purple very well, it say's "09 Drags to the right of the MOKAN sign.

Thanks for doing this again this year.

Attached Files:

5. That's cool, man!!! I'm diggin it!