Register now to get rid of these ads!

stiper sign painter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metal bender, Apr 28, 2010.

1. metal bender

metal bender
    from texas

Looking for some one to put numbers and stuff on my race car south of Dallas Texas !!! Good and Cheap :rolleyes:

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Good and cheap is kind of an oxymoron. Maybe just on of those quicky vinyl sign places? Stu

3. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I am not good but I'm cheap. Its pretty easy to do yourself if you could get the vinyl sign place to make the negative of what you want then you just stick it to the car --paint it in and take it off. then you can outline if you want to. But if I was you I would get one of the pro's around Dallas.

4. KATFISH

KATFISH

Once again,

Good,Fast,Cheap........Pick any two.

5. metal bender

metal bender
    from texas

Realy I am looking for a sign painter that knows his stuff ? Not pin head answers pin striper

6. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

i dont know if he will be cheap but you can try daniel the pinstriper. i dont have his contact but i know he is local.

7. 972.442.6494

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

If you can find Alton Gillespie , his lettering is awesome. He's somewhere in TX. I don't know about cheap , but he is good .

9. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

I'm not trying to bust your chops or sound like jerk, but whatever ya do, don't insult a true craftsman with the "Good and Cheap" routine. When someone asks me about striping or hand-lettering something for them, I always price it fairly and it's an insult if they try to talk about "how cheap can you do it". Keep in mind, I'm not just a craftsman, I also have a family to feed.
    Trust me, it takes a lot of time to get to the point where you are "Good"... and that fact alone pretty much negates the "Cheap" factor. Hope I don't sound bitter, just tryin' to make a valid point.

10. Couldn't have said it any better.Friend of mine used to reply when asked that:Depends on what you want;chickensh*t or chicken salad.

11. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

kind of funny--hand lettering, pinstriping,cartoons are a lost art,not many left that can do itso its kind of an insult to the ones that can still do it,-- you get what you pay for, when someone says the word cheap to me i raise the price

12. being cheap doesn't bother me a bit ( it ain't rocket science, you know), the only thing that bothers me is people that call up, make an appointment and then don't show up or call to say they aren't coming.