Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stillwater, OK Auction - 5/19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, May 2, 2018.

1. Heads up you guys....please forgive Yvette at VanDerBrink auctions for getting the years wrong on LOTS of cars/trucks.....sometimes that works in our favor.

Noticed a lot of early Chevy/GMC suburbans and some newer ones a few others. What really peaked my interest was the 56 Ford trucks....not real good pictures but I could swear there might be one or two BIG wrap around window custom cabs....check for yer self....not going to be able to attend....it's the Houston collection....good luck !

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Guys that not far from my home. Would be willing to go put eyes on any car, take detailed pics, etc, so you would know what your bidding on if you bid through the internet or think of attending the auction. Bones

4. A nice offer^^^^.

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Here's the link.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=141869&gl=19K#19K

You're not kidding they're way off on the model years. As an example, lot #19 "1930's Packard Coupe", is actually a 1941. I'm always amazed how 'cheap' auction co.'s are about bringing in someone that knows a certain subject matter that the house doesn't know. For a few hours labor, they could pay one of us car guys (with a few parts) to walk the lot and I.D. the cars.

stillrunners and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. What a mess, nice and cheap. :D I see a few cars/wrecks are allready up to bids in the $200 range. More in the $10 range. Who put in a bid of $0.25cents :rolleyes: ? Is this one of those auctions where the leftovers go to the crusher . Looks like thats where the money is with this collection. Or do they do another auction before the winter ?

7. Gaz....sadly yes....there is a scrap place right across the street from the auction site.....

8. junkman8888

junkman8888

Attended an automotive auction VanDerBrink held up in Enid a couple of years back. Before deciding to go I called their office to find out if there was a reserve on the vehicles and was told no, but when I got there they claimed a local junk dealer was going to pay 300$ per car so that's where the bidding started. Because of the phony "reserve" a quarter of the cars did not sell. Just attended the Cadillac auction down in Texas, same story, same result.

9. Damn....did I miss Rick's stuff down in Longveiw ? He bought a few old 56 mopars from me years ago. The Enid stuff was old man Jordon's I believe if it was the same....waited a long time for his stuff - most was too far gone but bought good prices....