Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still some gems around

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I just got a new project for myself(like I needed it)...28-29 RPU Runs and drives still has mechanical brakes and uses the cowl tank...couldn't pass it up... some fancy horse trading and it's mine....Plans are to run a v8 flatty/t-5 combo, quick change rear, I am gonna drop an axle for the front, buick drums then run it for a while.... big plans involve doing all the sheet metal work and putting the fenders etc.. back on....You just gotta love a truck with no roof.... Jason.

Attached Files:

2. elcornus

elcornus

I gotta come see this!!!!!!!!

see ya in a few..........

3. dart165

dart165

nice score! nobody NEEDS more projects...but we are all addicted, so might as well enjoy the ride.

4. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

[​IMG]Nothing better than a truck with no roof. Here's a little inspiration. Good Luck with it

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I've really started to like the '28-29 RPUs, might be my favorite early Ford bodystyle. Congrats on the score!

6. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

RUPs have always been bad a$$ to me for some reason. Might be because one was the first car I ever bought that didn't run. Sold it fairly quick after I bought it. I was only 16. Wish I still were.LOL

7. Nix66

Nix66
    from Detroit

Awesome. i think thats what i want to build next. cool roadster and still out some $hit in the back. sweet score. i have to start harrasing old people from back home i know they are hoarding stuff.

8. cool project,i love rpu's

9. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Gonna just drive it for a while mechanical brakes and all..I want to build the RPU to a specific vision I have..Gonna collect parts and do it all at one time... I have to finish the Warthog first.... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239703 The Warthog frame is pretty much done now.. gotta build brackets for steering and brakes then mount the body....Jason.

10. I clicked onto this post, because I thought it read - still some GERMS around. Well, I am going to get my reading glasses now, and read some more on the Hamb. Hey, it does look to be a great pickup truck project. Congrats on the horse trading.

11. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I am sure there are some germs around too...There was some stinky old carpet padding and rotten wood in the bed... Jason.

12. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

there's a guy on TV here who has an antique show,his favorite saying .( in a cockney accent);
    " you see something you want to buy? ..Get it bought!!"
    Nice buying ( trading):):)

13. 63Compact

63Compact

Thought something looked funny then noticed the improved shell holding the bonnet high, looks likes a good starter

14. LabRat

LabRat

nice score , warthog update ?

15. Looks like a great start,to what will be another cool ride.:D

16. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I will be updating the Warthog thread later this evening..... lost a little steam on it when I picked up the RPU.. getting back on it tonight... Jason.

17. nice score , congratz ..

18. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

yeah that rules.

19. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

20. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Got it running today and drove it down the block... Clutch was stuck but we got it with a little persuasion.....

need a new water pump, upper water neck and hose... should be good to go..

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zf46tY-ex5Y"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zf46tY-ex5Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>