Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Still no check from State Farm Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Apr 28, 2017.

1. I went down to State Farm Insurance yesterday and asked where was my refund check was from the 56 Chrysler Windsor was {since they dropped me}The lady at the main desk said she couldn't even find any information on it. When I started getting loud they ushered me in to a back office. Again I asked where was the refund check? She looked and said seems like it hasn't been processed yet. I said when I drop a regular car I usually have a check with in a week. I said now this is going on 4 weeks. She said she would call the main office and call me back with something. I never recived a call back. We are going to be shopping for another insurance co. for all our cars and house now.!Bruce.

2. That doesn't sound like a good neighbor.

3. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cranky ole fart:rolleyes:

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  4. BradinNC

BradinNC

Don't know if it would help, but you might want to give the BBB (Better Business Bureau) a call.

5. State farm was never there for me! :mad: HRP

Bruce Fischer and slimcat7m3 like this.
  6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Call the attorney generals office in your state capital. If you have problems with an insurance co. they have a place you can contact, all I got is the one for Indiana.

Bruce Fischer and Hatchet like this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Use to be a saying around here if you didnt have insurance,You had State farm insurance,If you had an accident, You would go to the state farm:eek:

8. BJR

BJR

Some day we will probably find out State Farm is owned by the Hoffman Group. That would explain everything. :p:p:p

Chucky, 54vicky, Big Swede and 5 others like this.
  9. 1pickup

1pickup

I've always had State Farm. Never had any issues. Collector cars, work vehicles, DDs, even switched homeowners to them because the new agent for AmFam was being a richard. They did ask for a bunch of pics when we insured my kid's '69 Pontiac. Even interior & under hood. Probably should be expected when it's insured for more than my $1500 beaters. My bro got some hassle from them about his RR. They suggested he find a different insurance company for that vehicle, until he told them he will only use one company for ALL his insurance needs. They changed their minds quickly & insured him.

bp1971 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  10. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

In Kalifornia the BBB is there for the coffee, donuts.
    That's it.........no more .....no less.

Bruce Fischer and Hatchet like this.
  11. stimpy

stimpy

Bruce call the main office in Bloomington Il ( number is on the back of the card they issue for proof of insurance ) and get hold of a CSR and they will find out , often the agent is in the dark about anything . ( try to be nice to the CSR as often they are college students from town doing this as a part time gig )

12. BradinNC

BradinNC

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

never had any good luck with the Farm

14. In California we have a state insurance commissioner that we can work with. Maybe your state has one.

Charlie Stephens

Low Beam and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

The State Insurance Commissioner is the ONLY one you want, or need, to talk to. Since he's the only one the insurs co's fear. As he controls whether or not they do business in that particular state. They do NOT want to have to answer/explain when they get a ph call: "I hear there's a problem down there, & what's being done about it"? :D .
    Marcus...

Hatchet, BradinNC and Bruce Fischer like this.
  16. This is another situation where we need to send the boys in. 14117819_1413271055356250_3785035920957927129_n.jpg

Hatchet and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As a body man we have to deal with them daily... I dropped them and switched to another company. They used to set the standard and now just stink

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

slack, Hatchet and Bruce Fischer like this.
  18. Ron you got that right when it comes to my $$$ LOL.Bruce. 001.JPG

enloe, slimcat7m3 and Ron Brown like this.
  19. Thanks Stimpy.Bruce.

20. slack

slack

You ol' bad ass you.

21. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Well I'm open for a road trip ! To help a brother out ! Hell its been a while , I'm not near as good as I once was , but I'm still as good once as I always was ! I did some bill collecting for a bit , always amazed me that when you see a person on a one to one basis things seem to " work " out much faster .!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DSomebody already suggested what I was going to say.State Insurance Commissioners office.
    Had to call the Florida office.Amazing how fast I got results.Within an hour of calling,I had the agent s boss on the phone telling me that the check went out overnight delivery and that the agent was fired.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.