Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still bummed about the breather mask ban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by voxnut, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am gonna use mine....:)

Attached Files:

2. According to Deist and simpson they do not make the mask or the suits. please show me I am wrong since I have tried to order these before from them. The band does suck but remember the NHRA stands for. I say there needs be more mo-kan style tracks in the west that we can do the runs in vintage cars and rails.

N no
    H hot
    R rods
    A allowed

3. 69fury

69fury

LOVING THIS!!!!!

-rick

4. storm king

storm king

Hey look, some tri-five chevy with a modern day pro stock scoop is not a nostalgia car, neither are these funny cars with three feet of body extension "because we didn't want to cut a modern chassis". That's b.s.
    When I'm ready to run, I plan to devise some way to attach goggle frames and a breather onto the full face helmet and see how that works, or possibly some creative airbrushing along with so non-structural architechture to complete the illusion.

I don't know about that hippie outfit, but if someone knows where I could get some Coca-Cola yardage.....

5. owen_64

owen_64

Hot Rod Don. Deist does in fact make the mask. I have one of theirs. When I called them they were on backorder so I got it off ebay. http://www.racecarparts.com/Safety_Equipment.html there is the simpson mask. I have that one also, I called Simpson they say they do not make them, but yet the mask was in a plastic bag with a simpson stick on it that comes on every plastic bag.

Storm King. Impact and Simpson now make a full faced helmet with external filters in the same general location of the filters on the mask. I have seen a few people airbrush helmets with out the filters to look like the breather mask, have not seen one painted with the filters.

Hope that helps.

6. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

along the same lines....we just got creative

[​IMG]

louie