Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stewart Warner 'wings' gauges senders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I just picked up some SW 'Wings' gauge for the roadster and I need to find senders for them. I know they're 6 volt, the oil pressure is a 0-80, and the water temp is a 40-240, is there a source to get these anymore, or is it the hunting game? Does anyone have the old SW part numbers I can at least look for at the future swap meets?

2. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

Hello! The part number to oil sender are :353-D

and the Water temo are :362-D (3/8 )362-F (1/2) .

The number are from 1954 but i think they have the same sender up to 60s

3. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Damn Jan, that was fast! Good looking out! You're stuff is on the way BTW!

4. I got a set of S-W Wings gages & the sending units for my '56 Ford (12volt) from our local Parts Plus, I gave them the part#s and they had 'em in a few days. Don't know about 6 volts tho'. You can check SW's web & see what they have listed there: http://www.stewartwarner.com/index1.html

5. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

No problem ,they are realy nice the old wing gauges.Thanks

6. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

The new 12v stuff is available all day long, but this old 6v stuff is a pain to source down. They don't have anything on their site, I don't know how longs it's been since they even made a 6v gauge.

7. Too bad. I didn't know that but I haven't worked with 6volt stuff in a long time. Good luck.
    Ron

8. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

The fun of hot rodding!

9. gooseta2

gooseta2

Those part numbers are correct...I have the boxes left from mine I have a set in roadster.....I love the hamb.....it's better and faster than a Parts store...lol