Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stewart Warner Intellisensor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brock49Ford, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

that does look pretty interesting. haven't heard about them before.

3. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

They do appear to be pretty cool and a good solution to a lot of custom tanks...just not a lot of info.

4. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Bump for the Friday crowd

5. chop32

chop32

Id be interested in a little more info or some real world experiences.
    They have the same type of sender in the online Jegs catalog. They are intended for fuel cells (most cells are filled with safety foam, so a swing arm float/sender wont work).
    They are available in 8 1/2" and 11" lengths and in GM, Ford/Chrysler, and aftermarket ohm ratings. Price is from $106 - $114

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Same type sensor that we use on commercial aircraft..........Fairly good system, the only downfall would be moisture , should some accumulate in a low spot, that coincided with the sensor location....

7. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Since you have some experience with something similiar I have a question for you.
    Do you know if the have to be mounted vertical? Or if you can have them on an angle? I would not think that it would matter as long as the depth/length was accounted for. Thanks.

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

You are correct in your thinking..................I don't have a lot of experience on them, other than to know the basic principle of operation, and having seen their installations......................I'm a structures kind of Mechanic, and not a "conehead", (avionics / instrument type)........they will work at an angle, but vertical is the preferred orientation..............It works off of a resistance principle..........and the closer to horizontal you get, the more of the "windings" will be covered in fuel, ( top to bottom), hence, a less accurate reading..............