Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steves Auto restoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southern thunder, Feb 17, 2013.

1. southern thunder

southern thunder

Anybody know anything about Steves auto restoration in Portland, or or had any work done by him ? Found his site on the web, looks like he does very good work.

2. He has been around for years and does first class work. HRP

3. jalopy45

jalopy45

Steve Frisbie is a great person and one helluva car builder. His specialty is 33-34 fords and his patch panels have as much of an exact fit as possible.

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Top notch builder and a very nice guy

5. db300

db300

They've built many featured show cars and some amazing restorations. If you have it in the budget I'd say go for it.

6. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Expensive but none better

7. SAR is not only a top notch full service builder. Their metal fabrication capabilities range from chassis fab to full body construction. It is worth while visiting Steve and his shop.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  8. They are good, real good.

9. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They were the only ones making a steel rear roll pan for '32 Fords a few years ago, and had them make one for me. :)

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I have been to many of the same shows as them. I hear he is tough to work with, but his work is 1st class.

11. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I have checked out their website and from the looks of it they do some really great work.

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

SAR's repro 33-34 panels are top quality and have helped me save a couple of coupes.

13. redo32

redo32

In addition to the new repo '34 roadster & 3W their fab shop can build anything you can dream up from scratch. Steve's Dodge PU was totally scratch built. The Nomads are incredible. Bring lots and lots of cash.

14. where else could you find a real steel 32 ford 3 window coupe mounted on the roof as a company sign.

15. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

I bought my Brookville 32 roadster body from Steves, They bought them knocked down and assembled them. Basically same price, less freight, and way shorter wait. It was a great experience.

16. I bought my quarters, rear panels and subrails from Steve's....couldn't ask for better.

Attached Files:

17. hallrods

hallrods

I use to work with there metal fabricator Colton great guy that really knows his stuff.

18. And they don't bury it in cheapo primer (though I've heard Brookville has finally stopped doing that to their assembled bodies too). Here's some pics of the jig SAR built to do the 32 body.

Also a shout out on his own tin. I got quite a few pieces from him for the '33 coupe I used to have.

Attached Files:

19. Colton is not longer there. He, along with the shop is Top drawer. I met Steve a top chopping seminar. He invited my friend & I to his shop gave us some video's and let us look around. Seemed cool to me.

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]

southern thunder...

Steve Frisbie is a fantastic builder, and a great person. He was Inducted into Darryl Starbird's National Rod & Custom Car Hall Of Fame in 2008 at Starbird's Tulsa R & C Show.

I Interviewed him there, and if you click-on the Link below, you can hear Steve tell the story of how he began his career...From the early days to being a Master Craftsman to starting his own shop:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage89.html

Enjoy !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net