Register now to get rid of these ads!

steve mangantes rampage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milltownrodz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

steve mangante came by milltown ink today...with one of his killer 11 rides...(inspection time..haha)anyway to check this car out and cruise a few towns over was quite the treat i must say...thanx steve...you can c this one and the wilshire shaker this year at return to the milltown 09....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

3. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Steve's the man when it comes to streetable F/X cars. His knowledge of drag history and eye for proportion are second to none. Great pics.

4. Squablow

Squablow

Does that car have race history, or is it a recent build? Looks wild, Steve seems like the real deal. He used to be Hot Rod magazine editor, right?

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

Damn. Love the truck also.

6. noboD

noboD

He is Mr. Detail. He's the best thing about BJ auctions.

7. Steve knows his stuff...I tune in to the Barret-Jackson stuff just for his insights

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That guy rules...

Malcolm

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Steve knows more about factory specs than most anyone. Got an email from him last night regarding the book he's writing about the years of the A/FX cars and the transition to the altered wheelbase era. I'm proud many of my photos will be published in his book.
    To think that I darn near though all those negatives and prints away about 40 years ago! I would have never imagined that anyone would have ever been interested in them like they are today.

[​IMG]

11. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

wow...yes he is one hell of a guy..very very knowlegable in all these aspects 4 sure....i was very very exited to get the keys for the half n hour drive to my buds inspection station...he builds these cars correct as can be .after rollin in the rampage i realy understood this.10 more cars to go ..a pleasure to help him out anyway i can....haha..we sure are glad to have him back in western mass..a blast to hang n talk to....thank god you didnt ditch those pics man...

12. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

he is surely the real deal....its no doubt his passion for the fx....yes he infact is still active in hot rod magazine....

13. Wow! Mazooma, thanks for your foresight!Q And folks called you a packrat, here you are a historian!

14. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I'm really looking forward to Steve's book. And your pictures! It's great to see the car out pounding the asphalt, even of a rainy day with slicks!!!! He's CRAZY!!!

You can see the pull these cars get. Even old and decrepid looking, they ooze vintage race!

Dale
    www.thefunnycarfarm.com (west)

15. Muttley

Muttley

I need that book, keep us updated.

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Steve's a great guy and he's got an encyclopedia for a brain when it comes to car stuff. Glad to have him back in New England. Here's a couple pics I shot of his Wilshire Shaker. It's Da Balls!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. I know all the Barrett-Jackson guys are doing what they do best, but Steve puts all the B-J commentators to shame. Like the rest of you, I watch Steve just for his insight and knowledge. Respect for the "real deal" Steve.

Mikey
    "I do bad things to good cars"

18. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

To hear all the kind words you guys have for Steve would mean alot to him. If you only knew the amount of prep he does before the B-J auctions, just to make sure he is as accurate as possible with his commentary. For the years that I worked alongside him with his projects, before B-J, we would stop and he'd basically lock himself in to study up and take notes on the cars! And there are ALOT of cars!!! About two weeks. Glad to here he's happy back in his home turf..

19. If Steve's not a HAMB'er he needs to be. Please invite him to join us.

20. He knows about the HAMB and this thread. Steve is a great guy and a true gearhead.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

True car guys that talk the talk like Steve does are HOT! I could listen to him all night.:D

22. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Another awesome build by Steve. The Shaker has helped inspire our GTO and the Falcon. Can't wait to see the book.

23. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I've read Steve's articles in Car Craft for years and listened to him on B-J as well, the guy's a genious! He did the recent and detailed Ardun engine build story in Hot Rod Deluxe recently. In past issues, he covered the build up of the car shown on the first page of this thread. Nice to see the car finished.
    We need to get him on here, he'd be a great addition!

24. That'd be a cool book. I hope there's LOTS of pictures with accurate captions. (I don't read the fluff)

25. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I've got the Wilshire Shaker set as my background with Steve behind the wheel.

26. Brewton

Brewton

What is Steve doing now? I know I've seen some freelance work he has done, but is he with any publications now?

27. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

he is still active in all the mags....just got settled in here in west ma....we are doin another inspection tamara...i will get him to join the hamb...he would surely enjoy the hell outa this.....i will be sure to pass on the response from this thread.....gonna c if he wants to hit the rumblers in terryville this sat in ct????the rampage is now all stickered from ma.....

28. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

i know the book is near done.,.....

29. noboD

noboD

Great another book I HAVE to have.

30. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

haha...ya books are better then the internent tho......