Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Steve Coonan at Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks! My pleasure.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

2. I ship a lot of stuff to Canada from the US. I am always surprised by the amount of time it takes to clear customs and arrive at the final destination.

Blue One likes this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That’s because Customs has to screen each and every package coming into the country by running it through an X-ray machine.
    That’s the only way to try to stop or reduce the amount of illegal drugs, and guns shipped in various pieces and hidden in other ways.
    Along with other things that they have to watch out for with food imports etc.
    It’s the lowlife criminal elements that slows everything down for everyone else.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don’t mind waiting if it was a reasonable wait.

Like I said it has never been a reasonable wait time and on a couple of occasions it didn’t come at all.
    In their defence they did resend issues I didn’t receive once I emailed them.

Three months or more after the US deliveries are made isn’t reasonable. What is? Two weeks would be fine.

Then there’s #84 which I will likely never see.
    But I’m still waiting and hoping that things get better for them and still hoping for more regular quicker delivery in the future.

Scooterville and jim snow like this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

With my store, my average delivery time to Canada is 25 days. I have shorter average times to countries in Europe. I’m of the impression that the Canadian mail system is terrible when not on strike.

6. 5window

5window

No argument that the mail system is not ideal. Still,I am amazed that it works as well as it does. Millions upon millions of pieces of mail each day and most of them get to where they are addressed. Government systems constantly under attack by politicians wanting to save money or reduce the flow of information and staffed by less than happy employees. No excuses, just observations.

rodncustomdreams and Fordors like this.
  7. Fordors

Fordors

I had a completely different experience, I sent a Deuce headlight bar to a HAMB’er in Niagara Falls, Ont. Canada. I dropped it at the post office on March 17th and the buyer received it on the 22nd. The bitter pill was the $60US it cost to ship, but the buyer understood that “it is what it is”.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The USPS isn't any better for the same reasons. The USPS is supposed to be a public service like schools and roads, etc... But somewhere along the line, politicians decided that the USPS should be profitable and began cutting costs to get there. In turn, this pretty much gutted the service.

Of course, no one expects roads or schools to be profitable.

It's a mess... and in my opinion, should be returned back to a public service and taxed accordingly or privatized all together. It's not sustainable as is...

If I ship something priority, I have much better results with Canada... But if you ship first-class like a magazine or a t-shirt or whatever, it takes FOREVER.

9. Fordors

Fordors

Then I guess the question is this, would overseas TRJ subscribers pay for priority service and quicker delivery times? Their subs already come at a premium.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's also difficult from a logistics perspective to offer multiple forms of shipping. Doing so slows everything down when fulfilling orders.

5window and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Ryan,
    Don't know if anyone else has asked, but will Steve be honoring the alliance/subscription combo that was offered when Covid hit?

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you bought before we stopped offering that combo, yes... We are not offering that combo anymore and won't again until Steve is ready. I think he is concentrating on making things right before he considers doing anything else at this point.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My scrip is good, got my copy...:)

5window, jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I subscribed right before things shut down. I only received one issue. I wonder if I'll get the new issue?

Texas John likes this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yes. You will.

16. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Awesome! I can't wait!

SilverJimmy likes this.
  17. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Got mine last Wednesday before heading to Pigeon Forge & Dollywood.

lothiandon1940 and SilverJimmy like this.
  18. Thank you, Ryan- looking forward to it!!!

SilverJimmy likes this.
  19. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

That is good news, that is the boat I'm in. Hoping to get mine soon!

SilverJimmy likes this.
  20. That actually seems pretty decent to me. I've regularly had 45-60 days.

And don't even get me started on the USPS...I'll get way political....And that's no fun for anyone! Hahaha

SilverJimmy likes this.
  21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Since we're talking about shipping my experience shipping to Canada has averaged a month shipped Priority Mail. I just shipped a T5 kit to Australia Priority Express and it took 15 days from Nebraska to the Land Down Under.

22. 5window

5window

23. 5window

5window

Oh! Canada.

SilverJimmy likes this.
  24. Jeff J

Jeff J

He was right behind my booth and was super nice. I even let him store stuff in my booth area !

lothiandon1940 and Scooterville like this.
  25. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

I jumped on ebay, had to pay a bit more but i bought the new one off of one of steves suppliers there....Pat wrote the piece on the cover rod...really solid. Also covers one of my favorite chevs a yellow 31 roadster ive been pulling inspiration from for a while. Got it within a few days of ordering for those impatient as I am. Ill resubscribe whenever alliance combo packages are offered again! Great little book

26. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

The email blast from Rodders Journal on 12 August had the following information for international subscribers
    • On the International front, we know that the vast majority of subscribers did not get TRJ #84. We now have enough TRJ #84s and #85s to go to each international subscriber and they are at the mailing house ready to ship. We hope to have these out in the coming weeks also. Due to being two magazines, we are looking at the logistics of shipping both together, so this may take a little longer. We are also altering the procedure to hopefully ensure that the vast majority of subscribers actually get the magazine.
    As we are now a month on from that email blast can anyone who is in contact with Steve confirm if 85 (and or with it 84) has actually been shipped to international subscribers and if not when that will happen?

And please don't suggest contacting customer service (I tried that and they either are not up and running or don't reply). May be I am on their black list as despite my 2 subscriptions I don't get any email or updates from them.

27. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Wondering if any international subscribers have received either issues as stated in the last post ..... all my other US subscriptions seem to be arriving with no issues & on their normal delivery timeline ....
    Have they really been sent ? Do not want to create a firestorm , just a simple question looking for a simple no excuse answer.

28. ... still waiting on mine here in NE GA :(

29. micksmith

micksmith
    from australia

Still waiting on 83 84 and 85 from RJ subscription here in Australia, have my fingers crossed they arrive, cheers

acme30 likes this.
  30. Sean Smith

Sean Smith

Does anybody on here have contact with Mr Coonan? Still waiting for an update on international subscriptions. I have e mail but no response and no recent press release. Does anybody know if/when international subscriptions will be shipped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.