Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Steve Coonan at Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got a chance to visit with Steve at Louisville last weekend. He was upbeat and enthused about getting Rodder's Journal back on track. He was selling back issues and had some of the new issue to view. Things look good. I have known Steve since he photographed my deuce 5 window for a magazine in 1978 or 9?

El Jefe, Spooky, SVOFord and 23 others like this.
  2. Did he say when the new issue would be hitting mailboxes?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I also talked with them and was thanked for my support as I still have a subscription.
    I was told to look for issue #85 in my hands in 2 to 3 weeks.

4. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I spoke to Steve and Jack Troup both on Saturday. I had not met either of them before and it was one of the highlights of the show for me.

5. garage2small

garage2small

I spoke with Steve also and got a good vibe about the resurrection of RJ, he told me some of the cost cutting measures they had taken but seemed confident that none would affect the quality or content of the product. I purchased a copy of the new issue as I had not received it yet, and indeed the quality of the paper ,binding, print, and photography were as good as before. Steve also said the new issue should be delivered to all current subscribers within three weeks. 20220805_091047.jpg

6. Great News! can't wait...

7. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

Hey something is better than nothing in my opinion! Get them boogers in the mail.

8. Steve is a hell of a good guy. I commend him for pushing through all the BS and bringing it back to hot rodders. Support Steve and the Rodders Journal.

Spooky, Kiwi 4d, 550Coupe and 21 others like this.
  9. jim snow

jim snow

X2. I think a lot of us feel the same way.jmho. Snowman ⛄️

10. ....Well said, guys.:)

11. brady1929

brady1929

Great news. Thanks.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. hotdamn

hotdamn

grateful to hear that RJ is coming back!!

13. If it is gonna be shipping in 2-3 weeks it sure would be nice if he would responded about address changes...

Woogeroo likes this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Stand up.

Spooky, 29bowtie, BigChief and 7 others like this.
  15. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Renewed my subscription while I was there........

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

I love a good comeback story! I'm rooting for them. I'm rooting for hot rodding.

17. banjorear

banjorear

Me too. Fingers crossed it will all work out. We need TRJ!

1940Willys, lothiandon1940 and rod1 like this.
  18. I've never met Steve face to face, but the man has taken a lot of flack and with ever thing that has knocked him down trying to put him out of business he still continues to get up and keep swinging, if his being at the NSRA nationals and talking to people one on one don't convince the naysayers that The Rodder's Journal is on the cusp of regaining it's place as the number one publication we all looked forward too and Steve's commitment to make good on all the lifetimes subscriptions leaves you to still dismissing the determination and dedication, nothing will. HRP

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Outback, Spooky, TomT and 14 others like this.

19. I've been rooting for him since the beginning. I have not had an ill word to say, but I'm starting to feel like he is fumbling the communication aspect of all this. I have reached out multiple ways over the course of multiple months and gotten NO RESPONSE about my request for an address change. Hearing that these will be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks.... I frankly will be pretty pissed if my issue gets shipped to my old address, with zero attempt to respond to my multiple messages.

chryslerfan55, acme30, Tim and 2 others like this.
  20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I need to buy a case of #85 just sayin.

A32Flathead, Outback, D-Russ and 2 others like this.
  21. Met Steve at the roundup in Austin many years ago—-nice guy -would love to see a comeback—-still waiting for my last issue. CB6B736F-6D50-480B-9D66-C5905D209AB2.jpeg

Outback likes this.
  22. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I more or less stay out of these threads now and am content to cross my fingers and wait...but I have moved since this whole thing began and since nobody @TRJ seems to be answering the phone...has there been any mention as to the back issues owed to the international subscribers? New issues are great but I sure would like an #84 (and to discuss my change of address with someone).

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m waiting for my new issue as well. I’d love to get my issue 84 and I haven’t moved since I bought the lifetime subscription.

Delivery up here into Canada was an ongoing problem even well before the pandemic and we sometimes had to wait for several months for our copies to arrive after everyone else got theirs in the US.

This was after paying quite a bit extra for shipping at subscription order time due to being in Canada.

Hopefully those things will be better with the new system and like everyone else I’m looking forward to it.

1930ModelA, acme30, Algoma56 and 5 others like this.
  24. 32percenter

32percenter

I always enjoyed it , glad to see it back

Blue One likes this.
  25. You might try their facebook page and ask for customer service help or drop them a line at -
    9415 Atlee Commerce Blvd, Ashland, VA 23005.

I recently had correspondence with them on my wifes facebook page. HRP

29bowtie, Old-Soul and alanp561 like this.
  26. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Pacing the floor, waiting for it to hit my mailbox.............

27. ...Facebook may work, Danny, but the Ashland, Va. address is no good anymore. The Rodders Journal has taken up residence at The Hot Rod Garage in Denton, Maryland.

28. ....The address there is 24848 Meeting House Rd., Denton, Md. 21629. ..phone# 410-479-4360. I offer no guarantees that they can direct you, but it's worth a try I suppose.

Old-Soul, i.rant and jim snow like this.
  29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

From what I can see TRJ has zero activity on Facebook since the last update back before everything went dark.

HEMI32 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.