Register now to get rid of these ads!

stell got my deth wobbel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerx1962, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You are a good sport. Great that you found the problem. Those problems can make a grown man crazy.
    Welcome...Doug

keywestjack likes this.
  2. InPrimer

InPrimer

As a 62 yr old "asshole' I like for you to go back to school and learn how to spell, it's not too late. Take what you have learned on here (The HAMB) and educate yourself.As being only 28, on your profile scares the shit out of me, paying all those school taxes and this is the result!! Chill out................

3. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

We have to give the guy his props for taking it like a man! I've seen people take a lot less abuse here who got all pouty and left. Welcome to the H.A.M.B ... looks like you survived the "initiation" and solved your problem at the same time. How about a few more pics of your car?

:D

keywestjack likes this.
  4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Just like a good, ol' fashioned Hamb initiation from years past!
    Racerx, you took it on the chin and didn't let the guys beat you down. It was all in fun but still...
    You sir are old school HAMB material!
    Good to have you here. ;)

Oh...Congrats on getting the "deth wobbel" sorted out too.

You know...that would be a good handle for you and HAMB earned too. Kinda like how "Trailer Ed" got his handle. :D

keywestjack likes this.
  5. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

this is nowhere near as bad as it was years ago.. kinda brought back some good memories,,,

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Racerx1962...I'm glad you're such a good sport...we all had a great laugh at your expense.

I have no idea what a death wobble is since I'm not into early square cars or solid axles so really couldn't help you with any of it.

Since you're so young, :rolleyes: one thing to learn is to not get frustrated, either with cars or those of us that hand out a good beating. You've got some thick skin...

R-

keywestjack likes this.
  7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Either do I. But I got a pretty good idea what a deth wobbel is.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

Sorry, coudn't resist.

9. r8odecay

r8odecay

I am a technical writer as a profession. My brain just exploded.

P.S. I am glad to know that I have job security with very little competition.

P.P.S. Glad you fixed your deth wobbel.

10. Gawd bles the HAM...I neded the laffs.

Glad you got your problem fixed, thanks for having a sense of humor!

11. retromotors

retromotors

I agree ... if it was me I'd be hittin' Ryan up to change my handle to deth wobbel and wear it with pride.

You handled a fairly major ration of shit and you're still around. A thick skin and a good sense of humor will serve you well on the HAMB. You're OK in my book.

And by the way, this is one of the most hilarious threads I've ever read on this site ... great stuff!

12. We can start with "apparantly".

13. F&J

F&J

Racerx1962; I for one, am real happy to see you back, AND I sure do believe you when you said : "I'm a automotive tech and damn good at it!".

I know for a fact that you would not find that 3 degree setting on any hamb thread searches. Some of the "traditional myths" need to be disspelled. Maybe some of the experts here can learn something from the young bucks :cool:

...and I don't use the spel chek...and never will

keywestjack likes this.
  14. HotRod33

HotRod33

Welcome to the HAMB.... you hung in there and fixed your problem and got a rash of shit from alot of assholes here including myself........ you have earned your place here........ and this is one of the best threads on here in a while........ Bill

keywestjack likes this.
  15. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

You lot should have you're own tv show, been laughing all day yesterday and today !
    Glad you've lost your wobble racerx1962, nice car.
    Damn it been funny !!!

(Hope i've spelt this right.)

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Nope, you've used the wrong 'you're'. You should have used 'your,' meaning possessive...'you're' is a contraction, meaning 'you are.'

Most posters on the HAMB know not the difference...it's the same as using there for their or they're...using where for were and it's for its (even I'm guilty of that one...!!!)

R-

17. Ah, but maybe you should - then you would have spelled SPELL and CHECK correctly :D

yeah I know you probably did it on purpose

18. 61TBird

61TBird

Congratulations on solving your problem!
    (I agree that you should PM Ryan and have your username changed to "Deth Wobbel"!)

It's great to know that you've stuck around with all the "ribbing" you've received about this thread.

[​IMG]

19. He was concerned with his spelling.
    Not punctuation!
    Bill.

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The correct use of contractions, and their spelling, is what he asked about. Contractions must be spelled correctly in order to understand the sentence...he DID NOT. Punctuation is merely adding periods, commas, colons -- standardized marks, according to the dictionary.

R-

21. Kramer

Kramer

Damn, the last time that happened, the H.A.M.B slowed to a snails pace. Better catch it soon.

22. Weasel

Weasel

Actually I think that's grammar..... but never mind eh - racerx1962 is my new hero!

23. Warpspeed

Warpspeed

I agree wholeheartedly.
    Deth Wobbel would make an absolutely fantastic Forum handle for a rodder, and you sure have earned the right to that name the hard way.

24. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Technically, there are no misspellings involved. So the issue is word usage.

25. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Another vote to change your name to Deth Wobbel

Congrats on the fix and welcome!

26. BigChief

BigChief

....now all you have to do is drive it to the Jalopy Showdown!!!!

27. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hey, racerx1962!!...... I realize that I was also pretty tough on you, and I want to add my voice to those who have congratulated you on taking the ball-busting with a pretty good sense of humor.

One of the biggest things I look for in a person is if they can take a joke and laugh at themself along with the others doing the ball-busting........you passed with flying colors.......and I will add my sincere *Welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!*

(I know, I know......two exclamation points!!!) ;^)

CB

keywestjack likes this.
  28. 61TBird

61TBird

"Deth Wobbel" for a username in NOT in use.
    You have to PM Ryan( http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=3) to have your current username changed before someone else "steals" it....:D

When you become an Alliance member,think of the fun you'll have (and friends you'll make) with that on your tag!

29. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Make sher you have sum toe in... ;)

30. @racerx1962 ... I'll echo everything that @cuznbrucie said a few posts above ... It's great to hear that you resolved your suspension issues ... and I too vote for you to have @Ryan change your H.A.M.B. username to Deth Wobbel :cool:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018