Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Steinegger & Eshenbaugh 1962-64 Top Fuel Dragster RESTORED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jon Lundberg, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

170506-B ESHENBAUGH - S&E TF Dragster - CVR 1.JPG 170506-B ESHENBAUGH - S&E TF Dragster - CVR 2 .JPG Folks: I need your help. Al Eshenbaugh has gorgeously restored the Steinegger & Eshenbaugh "Stuckey Car", their 1962-64 Top Fuel dragster. The Phoenix, AZ, duo were quite successful with this dragster, scoring Top Fuel Runner-up at the 1963 AHRA Winter Nationals. It appears that for awhile in either 62 or 63, they also held the Drag News Top Fuel #9 spot which they won at San Diego Raceway, Ramona, CA. The car also raced successfully at Lions during that time. Needed now is verification of the other-than-AHRA-Winters wins. Can you help? Here are a couple photos of the newly finished car. Thanks.

Jon Lundberg

2. Jon, what I remember is they had a real high top speed record but later I found out they started 150' before the starting line.

3. I love to see a restored car rather than a "clone".
    Great looking.

4. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Thanks for you input, guys. Gotta be more info out there somewhere.

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Can't help with info but love those Goodyear Blue Streaks !