Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steering wheel question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevpickup, Oct 19, 2009.

1. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

Hey Guys,

New to chevs and i have a pickup with a steering wheel I'm not into and I want to replace it with an original 50's one. Is there any other models that will fit? Or should i be looking at a repro 55 1st series one only? Its a kustom so it doesnt have to be the exact one it came with.
    Heres a pic of what I have now

Attached Files:

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

What year is your truck.And also some pics of truck and also another interior shot.Reason im asking I know where to pickup an 50 chevy truck wheel for cheap .you could also look into after market wheels since you have the adapter .

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

there is already an adapter on what you're running. most after markets will bolt onto that.get one you like and your halfway there.

4. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

i went with a 53 chevy car steering wheel in my 52 chevy truck

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. squirrel

squirrel

the stock steering wheels were flat back then...they went to the dished design in 57. so you probably want a stock steering wheel, from an early to mid 50s car/truck. Since your truck does not have the factory turn signal switch, you can use pretty much whatever you want.

6. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

Hey,

Truck is a 55 1st series, 5 window, see some pics below. Guy who had it before me did some stuff I'm not too into so I'm going to change a few things. bias ply wide whites are on the way, steelies etc etc, flat paint

Attached Files: