Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steering dampener dilemma

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkboy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. junkboy

junkboy
    from Las Vegas

Hey folks, can any of you tell me where I can get a reasonably priced steering dampener shock for my 34 truck. Something kinda smallish that doesn't look like it belongs on Bubba's 4x4???? I've seen small universal ones installed...but nobody seems to be able to direct me to the source. HAMB...Help.

2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

So Cal sells a small one chrome or black. Ive got one on my 32 just cause I got one cheap. Actually they are vw dampners so im told with tie rod type clamps to hold em on the drag link and 4 bar or in my case hairpin.
    Dave:)

3. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I bought mine from so-cal. They come in chrome or black. I believe it's basicly the same as a VW van damper.

4. I bought two of them on eBay....from VW Bugs....about 10 bucks each.

5. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Our replies were seconds apart. How ironic we had basicly the same info.
    Great minds?

6. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Mercedes Benz $40-$50.

7. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Naw my mind is junk !
    Dave

8. junkboy

junkboy
    from Las Vegas

See now, this is exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout! I've been bouncin' in and out of the HAMB for around 3 years. Don't post much, cause there isn't much I'll contribute that you guys don't already know, and my time is very limited. Despite my long absences--I can can still feel the love. VW, eh? Thanks for the info. I'm a three year Newbie for some reason. What is the HAMB record? I gotta be close!! What's the next exciting echelon in the progression??? Hope everybody's havin' a good night!