Register now to get rid of these ads!

steering column ???'s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studeillac, Apr 28, 2010.

1. studeillac

studeillac
    from canton, ga

hey guys, i was just wondering what the easiest steering column swap that i can do. I have gotten a ron francis wiring system as a gift and i think it is for a gm steering column. i was just wondering what ya'll have run into in your travels. my car is a 1952 studebaker starliner deluxe. thanks
    brad

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd use one out of a 1952 Studebaker Starliner Deluxe. never been much of a fan of later columns in old cars.

3. studeillac

studeillac
    from canton, ga

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Why change what you already have ? Those wiring kits can be made to work on a ignition in the dash . I think they go both ways but not hard to change .
    I would keep the column you have in the car now than change to a modern one that will look out of place !
    Just my opinion !

Retro Jim

5. studeillac

studeillac
    from canton, ga

you guys are totally correct. and what sealed the deal was a 33 plymouth pulled up at my work yesterday. the body looked great the motor looked great the front and ass end looked great. the interior was bearbones and it looked great, and the only thing that i could focus on was the tilt column out of a mid 90's s-10. i had to just walk away. but the original column is going to be utilized. thanks guys...

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ain't the HAMB wonderful for steering a guy in the right direction?:)

Frank