Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Steering Column 1936 Ford with light switch...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jan Viehweger, May 20, 2018.

1. Jan Viehweger

Jan Viehweger

Hello, I drive an original 1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe, now the steering gear must be repaired, but yes, the light is "controlled by the steering column", who can help me with a removal instructions Thank you Jan

Sent from my SM-G950F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. fortynut

fortynut

There are some trad Ford gurus over on the sister site to this one: the ford barn. It was me, I would acquire a Ford shop manual for your year. Or, a facsimile thereof. There are some secrets to not mucking things up illustrations and pictures may reveal the advice of the novice might not cover. Also, there is a classifieds on that site with lots of NOS goodies. Be sure and become a member so you have full access. Here's to clear sailing and blue skies!

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a clip underneath the steering box itself. Remove the clip and the light switch will come off. You'll be able to pull the horn rod up, but it will depend on how much headroom you have as to whether of not it'll clear, but in any case, DO NOT BEND the horn rod. You may have to remove & lower the steering box from the frame. to get the needed clearance.