Register now to get rid of these ads!

steering colum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studebaker46, Nov 20, 2009.

1. studebaker46

studebaker46

has anyone used the speedway colums with the removable hubs in their hotrods? thanx tom

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

yes, it's a good collumn for the price, but there is a bit of play between the wheel and the quick release hub.

3. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

YEP, GOT ONE IN MY 27-T. I used to make my steering columes out of 1.75 exaust pipe with a bearing in each end & useing old steering shafts. Getting older now and time is spent on other areas. The price is great, if you stay overnight someplace you can rempve the wheel, might stop a novice thief from taking your car.

4. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Yep, got one in my truck. As Zombie said, there is a bit of slop between the hub and the shaft splines. I added an old valve spring between the hub and the upper bearing to keep some tension on the hub. Helped eliminate almost all of the slop. Otherwise, it's a nice product for the $. Made in Taiwan though. Blecht.