Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Steering box alignment and Mart invents something. Update 2021 Ep 24 Part 1.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello welcome to part 1 of this week's update. I'm still elbows deep into the 32 Sedan project and enjoying it. I hope you're enjoying following along. In this video I address a misalignment issue in the steering box. I also show something I made that I have never seen before. I don't know if I have really invented it but It's new to me. Look out for part 2 which will be published on Sunday.

35cab, Johnny Gee, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  2. Great Idea on the hood holder.Im going to use this as I run a half hood.Thanks for being inventive.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking forward to watching!

4. Great feed of information - carry on mate !

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I have to echo, the hood hold up is very
    Clever. Good thinking!

6. Mart

Mart

Thanks fellas.
    Here's a bump for Saturday.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

What’s your plan for holding the hood
    Down now that we see how to hold
    It up?

8. Mart

Mart

Something simple. Nothing fancy. I'm working on a spring at front and rear of each hood side, stretched slightly and hooked over a convenient point. I have something rigged up that works but I'm not happy with the lower attachments. As usual there are no holes directly where the attachment needs to be so a bracket will be required.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I always like a spring loaded dead bolt in the hinge hole that you’re using for the prop. I’ve also seen model A and 32 hood hold downs used.

If you’ve got a pair laying around it might be worth a mock up. Would be easy to hide them and mount them on the firewall end. Front might take a little more head scratching

38 Hump likes this.