Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Steelies or mag wheels? Both are popular but what do you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is it just the picture , or is the door a different color than the front clip?

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Door is original paint and front fender and lower quarter has been repainted.

3. I'd sure like to find some real magnesium wheels (5 spoke) for the sedan but here's what I picked up yesterday (set of four) The rears are Buick outers with Ford centers that a friend has had since the 60's. Had them on His '40 coupe back then. Still sittin the garage until yesterday. 025.jpg

MIKE STEWART likes this.
  4. Gimmee Americans any day... rockboxnscotty.jpg deliveryN48chev.jpg

AHotRod and ROCKER77 like this.
  5. Chiss

Chiss
    from S.C.

Artillery for me...................

Siva 64 likes this.
  6. Steel is it! the others are just junk, looks and performance. Mags leak, crack, and look awful! I kind of like steel wheels! HAHAHAahahah!!!!

7. MIKE STEWART

MIKE STEWART

Thanks for the reply. I have a Gold color 1939 Ford - would love the Americans like yours - BUT - I have a Columbia 2 speed and 1940 hubs - with the axle bolts sticking out. Not sure if they clear with your Amercians.

8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Steel is real !

9. Chromed and reversed were big in my time, the late 50s. Never really liked it. Always prefered steelies with wire spokes second. However, for my next project I have a set of polished PSE Halibrand style that I am going to use.

Have a set of five 46/48 Lincoln 15" steelies with the 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern that I was originally going to use. If your interested give me a shout.

10. Different wheels for different cars. I just swapped out my chrome steel wheels for 100 spoke knock offs. Pain in the ass to clean but I like the look. IMG_20170710_143136.jpg IMG_20170710_143212.jpg

AHotRod and 40FORDPU like this.