Register now to get rid of these ads!

steel tubing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big creep, Nov 8, 2010.

1. big creep

big creep

Ok guys and gals, i wanted to buy 3/8 o.d. steel tubing for a new fuel line for the shoebox, but why does it cost more than copper???? i was like wtf? steel is cheap and im not talking about stainless! so im hoping that some fellow hamber here knows where i could get some for a reasonable price, in the los angeles area? i know that metal changes price everyday according to the market, but wtf???

i could buy 3/8 brake line but it only comes in 60 inches long. i want to run it with no coupling in the line, from the tank to the pump and then from the frame with rubber hose. any input would be great. and thanks in advance.

2. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

You can buy a 25' roll of 3/8" steel tubing from Summit Racing for about $20.

3. big creep

big creep

wow really im always thinking as a contractor, checking supply house's. i need to stop doing that. i forget that there are other places to buy things! thanks gto! im going to go order some!

4. steel 3/8 brake/fuel lines are available in 6' sections. i usually don't need any longer than that with a line from tank to a filter , then filter to electric pump , then up to the motor. using a union is ok if you have to

5. ryno

ryno

did you check with orme brothers in the san fernado valley? their located on reseda i think around the lumber yard/train tracks.

i used to buy a lot of shit from them afew years ago.

Orme Brothers Inc

18453 Parthenia Place, CA 91325-3389 <NOBR>(818) 885-1414</NOBR> () &#8206;
    ormebrothers.com

or theres a hydraulic supply place in camarillo off the 101 also

6. big creep

big creep

yea thats were i got my brake lines at, ill call them tomorrow. maybe they have a few more feet that 6 feet.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

Try your local NAPA store. Balkamp # 641-4003. Its available in a 25' roll.

8. ChrisBorsheim

ChrisBorsheim

Yeah I just got done ordering my roll from summit.

9. noboD

noboD

25 foot roll, local parts house.

10. striper

striper

Sounds like you're using an electric pump on your frame. If it was me I would put the pump closer than 5 ft from the tank. They are made to push, not suck. Probably still work but not as efficient.

Pete