Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration BID SOON!! Steel Stampede Art Auction to benefit Veterans Memorial

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Animal, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Animal, Don’t forget I pledged this Giclée print. Limited edition, 18 x 24” archival ink on museum quality paper.It is an early edition (under 20 of 150) and has gotten loads of great feedback. Tim McMaster (mctim64) sugested the idea for part of my “Dreamer” series and it became a commission for him. I would have put Homer and Bart in it but it didn’t seem appropriate. The prints ship out flat not in a tube.

“Field Truck of Dreams”

Y_Block_Dreamer_Final_v1b1.jpg

Tim sent me a photo of his displayed with the truck at a show, as he had it framed.

Tim_McMaster_Field_Truck_01.jpg

Hombre, kiwijeff, e1956v and 3 others like this.
  2. Mark, not a chance I'll forget that! We are honored to have yourself and other artists send us such a high quality of artwork for our auction. This piece will definitely draw a crowd... and the fact folks can bid by proxy without driving to Colorado will just mean some of the crowd will be online. Thanks again for your generosity and support of a great cause, Mr. Jigger, Sir! :D

beebing likes this.
  3. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Just finished framing 2 photos for the show. Will be forwarding them to you this week.

Animal likes this.
  4. Thanks, George! We really appreciate the help. :)

5. I just received some more art for the auction from Quick85 here on the HAMB... four glossy 8x10 photographs that would do any wall a favor by hanging on. There is a horizontal reflection in a couple of them that doesn't exist on the originals...my fault entirely. These photos are pristine and very much nicer than the pictures show. Thanks, Mitch!

Mitch Gawlik Black Suede.JPG Mitch Gawlik Chief Pontiac.JPG Mitch Gawlik coupe.JPG Mitch Gawlik Vettelight.JPG

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  6. Some great work showing up.
    I sent a print on canvas, not my work, or auto related, but a great piece of my countries history by a famous artist.
    I hope it got there ok.

Animal likes this.
  7. kiwijeff, the print showed up just fine quite a while ago. I thought I had sent you a message telling you that. Sorry for not following up.

8. I just checked my msg, and you are correct, you did send a msg saying it turned up, so sorry I didn't remember.
    I have just been through a very traumatic three months, and didn't remember.

Animal likes this.
  9. No problem at all, Jeff! We really appreciate the donation... it is indeed a very cool work of art. :)

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. Here is another piece of artwork donated by one of the HAMB's Friday Art Show regulars, G V Gordon. It's a 11" by 14" piece featuring a silver flake panel with multi-colored pinstriping. My photograph doesn't do it justice! It's killer in GV Gordon panel.jpg person.

quick85 and kiwijeff like this.
  11. The Hamb's own edcodesign stepped up and donated three framed 8x10 prints of pencil drawings! Here's the first one... Who doesn't love a chopped coupe? Edco chopped coupe Hotrod.jpg

quick85, Hombre and kiwijeff like this.
  12. edcodesign's second donation... a mild custom Ford shoebox... Edco mild custom shoebox.jpg

13. Edco sedan.jpg edcodesign's third offering. This is a sweet Tudor Sedan!

14. MikeRogersdirtdragroadsters.jpg Driven Imagery (Mike Rogers) from the HAMB FAS roster, sent us this awesome 12x18 print of this photo from the Hot Rod Dirt Drags, held right here in the same town as the Steel Stampede. What a great shot of two racing roadsters in the dirt!

Hombre and kiwijeff like this.
  15. 57 Corvette-Bob, another extremely popular member of the HAMB Friday Art Show list of contributors, sent two prints, one of two young stars with a pair of iconic rods called "Forever Young" and a blown small-block rough tall T 57CorvetteBob_foreveryoung.jpg 57CorvetteBobblownrat.jpg rod with a serious attitude problem

16. Evelyn Sprouse Rowe, a local artist, donated this print of a watercolor she did # 2 of 50!. This is a great piece, from a local artist wanting to get in on the action.
    ESRwatercolorsedan.jpg

quick85 and kiwijeff like this.
  17. Here are georgeg's offerings, wonderfully framed and matted 11 x 17" georgeg_Chevy grille.jpg georgeg_Ford.jpg prints. Both are much cooler in person than my photography shows!

18. GV Gordon panel.jpg The long-time HAMB contributor to the Friday Art Show and other threads, G V Gordon, sent us this glass panel with a killer silver flaked background and some killer multi-colored stripage. :)

19. quick85, another HAMB FAS regular, donated four photographic prints! Here they are, and once again, I apologize for my crummy photos. These are awesome in person! Mitch Gawlik Black Suede.JPG Mitch Gawlik Chief Pontiac.JPG Mitch Gawlik coupe.JPG Mitch Gawlik Vettelight.JPG

20. Bidding is open until Noon MDT on Friday, July 28, 2017. by email, phone, or pm. We'll have someone bid for you up to your maximum bid, spending only enough to win the auction. We will not automatically bid your top amount. Shipping will be the winning bidder's responsibility.

21. This is a really historic piece, sent to us from New Zealand from HAMB member kiwijeff. It is a print on canvas of a painting done well over a hundred years ago of a traditional Maori woman by the artist Goldi. What a great piece of art, even though not automotive in nature! kiwijeffMaoriwomanGoldi.jpg

Hombre, kiwijeff and Jigger like this.
  22. kenmo

kenmo

Sounds like a very worthy cause. All of my art is in a digital format. Would contribution of digital art be adequate, however I suspect you are looking for real art which can be hung on a wall...

Sorry for being late in responding but I somehow overlooked your earlier message to me, I just read it this morning...