Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, May 17 & 18 2013 - Union County Dragway, Union SC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Curtis I have some old pistons and rods from the pro mod that ya'll can have if you think stuff like that will bring anything.

2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Quain, I will give you a call! Thanks!

3. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

You can count on the boys and girls of Stewart's Rod Shop to be there.....No way we're missing it..

4. Turtle64

Turtle64

The pinstriped panels that were donated for the auction last year were killer! Can't wait to see what is in store for this year!

5. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Thanks for the generosity with the auction guys! This year's auction is lookin to have some killer items!

6. Be sure to check out the website for more updates! It's getting close to time.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. cougarmike

cougarmike

trying to get the cheetah's frame n running gear together for this year. body will be back on un touched this time. NEXT winter will be the time for the body. See ya there!!

8. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Super!!!

9. Curtis/Shane

Count me in for an auction panel!

And I'm planning on having my brushes, just in case. They MAY even be in the back of the Tudor....... :eek:

10. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Curtis I might have some parts around here for the auction.

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

^^^ Thanks brett4christ and Merlin!!! The auction is shaping up to be really great!

It is getting close enough now, that there has been a significant amount of calls, emails and such regarding the show. I am delighted to hear of folks planning their drive in from long distances to attend the show. We were blown away last year at the number of traditional hot rods on hand and cool customs. The gasser count last year was phenominal and I can tell you already that this year will be even better. Also, I have gotten confirmation on several FEDs planning on attending this year as well. This is shaping up to be another SWEET weekend of Steel In Motion!!!:D

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Breakfast anyone??? Union County Dragway will be serving breakfast Saturday morning, May 18th.

Pool sharks??? Union County Dragway has been working on their gameroom on the left side of the track. As of now they have 2-pool tables, kickass jukebox, 2 Daytona driving games and a Mega Touch Game.

Daytime and evening hunger??? Both Friday and Saturday, we will have food vendors serving up BBQ, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Philly CheeseSteak, Chicken Sandwiches, Deserts and more.

13. shootingmonkey

shootingmonkey

Had a blast last year and have been looking foward to it since. Hopefully more of the Leanerz will be able to make it this year.

14. Food, Flatheads, and Flag Girls. Oh my!

15. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Me too!!!

Now that is something to chew on!!!:p:)

16. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

17. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

Curtis... Is there a certain hotel that is dedicated to be the "Host" hotel? If so could you please post it and or any others recommended close by... say maybe within staggering.. or walking distance..just for those who who may need to know.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  18. There are 2 motels in Union County that I am aware of.

Days Inn & Knights Inn which are both about 8 miles from the drag strip. HRP

19. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

The Quality Inn is around 7 miles from the track and is recommended by the track personnel.
    The hotel link is located on our website here: http://steelinmotion.net/camphotels.htm

20. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Just an FYI on the hotel, Quality Inn. When clicking on the link provided on the website, the rate is showing at $68 per night for the weekend of the show. Travelocity is showing the same hotel @ $80 per night. So just make sure yall are gettin the best rate as possible.

21. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

If you call for reservations, let them know you want the Union County Dragway rate, which is $59.99.

22. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Well damn. Even better. :D

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

**** Not a HAMB friendly portion of the show but FYI, we are opening the show and racing up to any pre 80, nostalgic American bodied Funny Car. Rules for all other vehicles still apply.

24. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

^^^ Just to clarify - The rule strictly applies to Funny Cars ONLY and it allows any American body style, again just for the Funny Cars. All other participants will fall under the pre 70 requirement.

25. Floppers too!?!?!?! Sweet deal, Curtis!

26. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Here is this year's awesome t-shirt artwork done by our fellow HAMBer Dutch Courage (Ger Peters)!!! Thanks Ger!!!

The t-shirts will be available at the show.

[​IMG]

27. First, floppers...now, killer tees! What's next, a Geargoyles Giveaway Hot Rod?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

28. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

29. How many 2XL are you printing for the bigger fellas?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. Het Curtis, try to have some shirts with the design on the back...for us large bellied guys. Nothing worse than a front side design to call attention to the ole gut. Hell no, I ain't vain!