Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion 5/19/2012 - Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Looks like fun if all goes well I will be there

2. Look for the jerk on the bicycle wearing a brown fedora! I'll have my brushes with me! :D

Actually, I think there will be several 'stripers out! You should have no trouble getting exactly what you want!

3. six one caddy

six one caddy
    from nc

Sounds good! ready to get it done and ready for the show!!!!

4. I'm in! Just not sure if I'll be driving the Fleetline or the truck. Found some problems this weekend with the Chevy.

5. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

hopin to have the ole delivery back on the road after the tranny swap. we're close.

6. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

The countdown is on. I can't wait!
    [​IMG]

7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromethane

Not looking to do a pass but if it was something that could be poured in for a cackle it would be a hoot. This looks like iy only mixes with alcohol though. Maybe E85 and nitro would mix ;).

8. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Tony your fuel system has to be set up for alcohol from what i understand, ask johnny about it. would be cool to see some nitro flames outta those zoomies!

9. edweird

edweird

i'm gonna be donating some stuff. i challenge the rest of the stripers to do the same.its for a good cause.

10. edweird

edweird

hey curtis, can ya give us a hint about the FED'S that are gonna be there ?

11. Just sent vendor registration! I'm in like.......a greaser!

Ed, I'll whip a thing or two out for the benefit! I'll try to have some panels to jam on, too!

If any other 1Shot junkies wanna sling, lemme know! I'll see what I can spray!

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

As of now we have 3 FED`s confirmed to show and one of the owners is working on getting other`s to show.

We also have 2 Altered FX cars confirmed, both injected and running a mix of nitro-methane.

Also there will be some bad ass gassers that were not at last years show.

13. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Curtis, I should have my prints ready to donate for the USO auction by next week.

14. edweird

edweird

splended indeed !

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

edweird,
    if I make it up there with the rest of the S.F.'ers, I'll bring some panels you can paint on.
    They are scraps of aircraft floor panel material, aluminum skin, with a balsa core, and a few panels that are fiberglass with a honeycomb core.

Freebies to do with as you wish, for the striping donations.

Can ya' use them, ya' think?

16. edweird

edweird

yep and thank ya very much.

17. edweird

edweird

one of my donations. look sideways.i'm computer stupid !

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      241.7 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      173.4 KB
      Views:
  18. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

It's gonna be a quick 2 weeks, but if time, tools, and good help come my way I plan to bring a little something I've been working on for the past year or so. I can't wait to drive it the first time (though I'm sure I'll be scared shitless of it for the first little while), and I can't think of a better place for its first drag run. (You'll lose... ;)) If it don't turn some heads nothin' will! LOL. Hope to see y'all there!

19. edweird

edweird

Just finished painting these for my buddy tommie.......just for shadyside.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      171.9 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      183.9 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      232.7 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      317.5 KB
      Views:
  20. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

I'll be pushing the Buick down the mountain. Looking forward to the show.

21. I am in the same boat. Waking up early tomorrow to get my 49 rolling I hope by next week but doubt it. If you do not have a shop to work in and have a way to trailer it down to my shop in South Charlotte area I'd be willing to help ya out if you can also lend me a quick hand doing some brake lines, fuel lines and wiring.
    Let me know and I will open a space in my shop and give you a hand.

22. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I'm losing any faith that mine will be ready by then, especially after looking at it again a little more thoroughly this morning and making a list of what all needs to be done. I've got it at a buddy's shop on Tryon at the moment, but I believe it's just too far off to get done. I appreciate the offer though.

That being said, let me get my '53 rolling and streetable and I think I could still find a good couple hours to help you get yours rolling by then. I'm not a big fan of wiring, but brakes and fuel should be no big deal.

23. Turtle64

Turtle64

RagtopBuick66! Looking forward to your documentary though I know the ending! LOL!

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I have a caravan of 1 heading out of Myrtle Beach area on Friday. Send me a pm if anyone wants to tag along. leaving around 1 or 2. Still trying to get scharley ride to go. I have my ol' man coming which will be way cool.

25. edweird

edweird

tell scharley that he MUST go. he would have a blast in that old truck,

26. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Don't wanna give away too much, Turtle, but it involves a big, angry, hydraulically-operated machine that specializes in making things into small cubes...

I've always said that the first car manufacturer that decides to try a retro move and produce JUST ONE model with a carburetor, no computer crap, and some real chrome would make a trillion dollars overnight. Am I wrong?

27. edweird

edweird

this tradgedy belongs to my friend buddy. he'll be there sat. morning.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      329.9 KB
      Views:
  28. RagtopBuick66, thanks a lot for the offer! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I would definitely hook you up with beers, food, etc.

29. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

PM me with a phone number and I'll see when I can schedule as little wrench time wit'cha, amigo. Like I said, gotta get the fitty-tree rolling (and stopping... that would be good) so I'll at least have SOMETHING to take up there, but once all that's hemmed up (POSSIBLY by C.O.B. tomorrow if all goes well) I'll definitely find a good couple hours to lend a hand. Mmmmmmmmm... beeeeeeer. :p

30. oldschoolcruiser

oldschoolcruiser

Had a great time last year,looking forword to the same this year.....