Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2015! May 15 and 16, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merlin, Jan 8, 2015.

1. allwilly

allwilly

We will meet you at Union on Friday loading up and heading down today

Dog_Patch likes this.
  2. DOM are you out? Hate to hear that if so. Looked forward to seeing you beat on the roadster again.

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, you have a PM, or "conversation" as it's now called.

4. I gave it my best effort but couldnt get it running quite rite. Im proud of myself for all the hard work I put into this awesome car and cant wait to finish up the interior. WP_20150514_002.jpg InstagramCapture_14b41577-3ae6-4ddc-a450-113f531dc4cd.jpg FB_20150502_17_27_31_Saved_Picture.jpg Oh well theres always next year! WP_20150514_002.jpg

tylercrawford likes this.
  5. Come on Jim,we all know you do some sweet interior work but they will run without one,God knows my Deuce has racked up thousands of miles without pretty threads. HRP

beachbum jim likes this.
  6. Hope you are still coming though Jim!

7. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

I can only go tommorrow will they be racing?

8. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

Jim
    Awesome effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come by our pit with all the dragsters--we have 24 ft white trailer red 08 Dodge Ram and a spanking new 200 inch bare aluminum body digger--we want to give you the First cold beverage you have at SIM --You dug hard man and as a guy that "just" missed it last year I feel your pain so come on by and hang out with us! David

beachbum jim likes this.
  9. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

QUESTION
    what time do I really need to roll in the gate for easy pit parking on Friday??? We plan on doing the Cackle

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Can't sleep, can't wait. Beer is on ice and almost all packed. Just got to load the kitchen sink in the am.

11. Danny, if it were just the Interior Sue and I would be riding with smiles. Unfortunately the engine isnt running quite right, I have a feeling the old stock distributor is the culprit. Not to mention the mufflers the exhaust shop installed are WAY too loud. Oh well, theres always next year!!!

12. The Assorted Nuts will be headed that way in a few Hours!!!

13. 66L-79

66L-79

Just got in from SIM about hour and half ago I think there is as many cars there today as there was on Saturday last year it is going to be interesting tomorrow to see all the cars and people because alot more will be coming tomorrow if you are not on your way you should be. South East Gassers got to make 1 pass this evening there is supposed to be 20 Gassers in this group for tomorrow for this show.

14. I've got the wagon loaded up and ready to head out early Saturday morning,the weatherman says it's gonna be dry......see ya there. HRP

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch, Merlin and tylercrawford like this.
  15. Got to see your wagon today. It's great man!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

SIM was killer today. Hot cars. Hot SE Gassers, Hot weather, and Hot time. If you missed it, your loss. Must see from now on!!

Dog_Patch and tylercrawford like this.
  17. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Track was PACKED . . . never seen it past the fuel shed down there on the return road.

People packed in the opposite side of the track . . . people were parked before the gate all the way to the little street before the downhill part going into the gate . . .

Had a great time yesterday and today even if I didn't have my dragster. Thanks for the crew spot Dave!

Here's some crappy pictures from yesterday before the heavy hitters post up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Making a night pass or two would be AWESOME . . . maybe SIM 2016?
    Really disappointed that I blew up at Greer the other week . . . had the jets/return spring to run nitromethane for the friday night deal . . . maybe next year

Merlin, Dog_Patch and Turtle64 like this.
  18. Just got back to Roanoke. Well worth the trip! Saw u pull in HRP but never got to track u down. Met Edweird. Here's a few pics you'll have to excuse my finger in most of them. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Merlin and Turtle64 like this.
  19. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

a GIANT THANKS to all that helped us run at SIM! Tyler and all of the super nice folks with Geargolyes , Sock messer uppers, the guys that towed us around etc--made our weekend! Our dragster got in two fantastic runs on a well prepped track. BIG THANKS to Hightower for the awesome lettering and pinstripe job done right in our pit--My car in now Finished! Ron Rutledge Photography made some of the best photos I have ever had of a car ever! Thanks Ron!
    I was overwhelmed by the response from the crowd--we had tons of folks visit our pit and compliment the dragster----just blew us away at the positive feedback and true appreciation that crowd has for craftsmanship , vision, and hard work--
    SIM was a BLAST put on by some true car lovers--it don't get any better!!!!!
    THANKS!!

tylercrawford, Dog_Patch and Turtle64 like this.
  20. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Heck of a good time! The wife had back surgery...she was a trooper! We were able to stay til 3... Next year!... Camping over! Hopefully with ride! Thanks Guys!

Turtle64 likes this.
  21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Had a great time at Steel in Motion, It was good to see friends watch the gassers and have some good BBQ. I did manage to get a few pics.
    IMG_0003 (Medium).JPG IMG_0004 (Medium).JPG IMG_0011 (Medium).JPG IMG_0010 (Medium).JPG IMG_0014 (Medium).JPG IMG_0012 (Medium).JPG IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG IMG_0020 (Medium).JPG

Turtle64 likes this.
  22. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

24. thunderplex

thunderplex

What a great time at SIM this year, even better than 2014. I never thought that would be possible!! THANKS To everybody connected to the show!!!!

tylercrawford and Turtle64 like this.
  25. Couldn't make it this year, wish I could've. Keep those pics coming.

allwilly likes this.
  26. Was there Friday. Couldn't make it Sat. I understand I really missed the GOOD STUFF happening. I had my buddies calling me at 5pm Sat telling me to show up. It was just REALLY getting going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time I went, it won't be the last. WOW, I was impressed with the diversification of iron.

I'll be there with my 52 year old mini-bike and more. Instead of watching, I'm gonna' be doing!!!!!!!!!

These event folks know how to make things ROCK. A must do event, and only 60 miles from my house.

Turtle64 and tylercrawford like this.
  27. Here's a few more too, like I said sorry about the finger in the shots, gotta figure the iPhone out. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Turtle64 and Merlin like this.
  28. Old School Cool...

[​IMG]

29. Great pics Seadog. I looked but never found your car.

30. toucan

toucan
    from sc

it was great! as usual,thanks geargoyles!

Turtle64 likes this.