Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel '41 Willys for 39 bucks???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Apr 15, 2008.

1. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I don't know if anyone saw this, but if it's for real, someone got one heck of a buy for 39 bucks buy it now. Had to be a mistake, but if not, WOW!! It was on a relatively well know auction site, and the item # was 180233717962. I don't know how to make it a link. Hope it wasn't some pi@@ed off wife. :D

2. toddc

toddc

3. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

4. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

lol its 39 thousand its a mistake has to be

5. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

Something is "hinkey". One tail light is worth more than that.

6. ratster

ratster

its sold now

7. Bort62

Bort62
    BANNED

Certainly a Typo, and the seller will certainly back out of the deal.

8. Weasel

Weasel

This was on a couple of times with a starting bid of $30k - reserve not met. The last time it ended without meeting reserve was yesterday This latest "auction" was the original but had been hijacked. This whole post is a huge waste of space and time.

9. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Thanks for the kind words Weasel. Sorry to waste your precious resources. I think the first lines were what we wanted to know. The last one? Merely your opinion.

10. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I can just see it now. Lawyers and that car setting until it gets sorted out.

11. alsancle

alsancle

When you see something that defies reality it's usually because it's not real. Actually, I'll amend that, it's ALWAYS not real - especially in the online auction world where scammers are floating about.

Think about it, anyone sophisticated enough to put up an eBay auction is not going to sell any semi-complete old car for 39 dollars, let alone a Willys coupe.

As stated previously, that car has been on a number of times, in fact it was on eBay last October too. The seller is definitely looking for something north of 30k.

12. Chad s

Chad s

13. Gigantor

Gigantor

Hey dudes, don't forget, a fellow HAMBer scored a sweet little custom on Craigslist for $1200 last week. Sure THIS one is obviously bullshit, but it doesn't hurt to keep your eyes open and not ALWAYS assume that something is too good to be true.
    Just because it doesn't happen for you and me, doesn't mean someone else doesn't turn out to be the luckiest sumbitch around.

14. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I know that buyer too...I'll have to give him a call to see if its legit.

Dont forget about the STEEL '32 Ford Roadster recently that had a Buy Now for a $1,200.00 and was a legit deal!