Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel 32 ford 3 window rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty B, Jan 24, 2009.

1. millrat

millrat
    from Central MA

I can't wait to see this finished! Good luck!!

2. Crafty B

Crafty B

here is the brass badge, I will post the more tomorrow
    Crafty

Attached Files:

3. Crafty B

Crafty B

all machined up...you like the polished ring or the brushed ring??

Crafty

Attached Files:

4. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'm speechless. I suck for not finding this thread sooner.

5. kisam

kisam

Your really putting your heart and soul in this one! When do think you will be done?

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

7. Crafty B

Crafty B

when I built the b-line it was to be quick 6 month build and get it on the road but I discovered after building the front headlight mounts that I wanted to try to make as many custom parts that I could. This launched Crafty-B Nostalgic Speed and the birth of my sand casted products. I want to use many of my parts on the 32 and I have so many new ideas rolling around in my head that I have a hard time getting the basic stuff done. I really hope to drive the 32 to Bonneville this year but I need to stay focused!!

I have the body on the floor now!

Thanks Crafty

Attached Files:

8. mecutem

mecutem

You sure have a bunch of creative ideas on this build. It sure is fun to watch the wheels in motion. I have a steel table and 5 10 ton towers just waiting to wrap their chains around that body. Steve

9. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Polished ring! The contrast between the polished and unfinished cast parts is really nice! Looks fantastic!

10. My vote is for the polished ring. Looks fantastic!

That's a nice little "cherry picker" you have there too!

11. Crafty B

Crafty B

Hey Mecutem!!! I will be ready real soon..I have the chassis almost done so let me know when you want it and I'll be there. I was thinking that maybe the ring should be painted the same color of the wheel so the pressure plate would really stand out.. Foundry Jay and I hammered out 2 sets of frictions shocks this afternoon and they should be done tomorrow.

Later Crafty

12. Crafty B

Crafty B

thought I might actually stay home today..but after sitting around for a while off to the shop I went. I finished up the front shocks and worked on the shock mount pattern... it's ready for foundry Jay. It was a bit tricky getting the mount to look right on the frame and still fit the footprint of the shock body but I think I got it, I will find out when I get the cast piece. I need to come up with a slick mount to attach the brass link to the control arm next.

Crafty

Attached Files:

13. Crafty B

Crafty B

I ran down to the foundry this afternoon and Jay did a quick pour on the shock mount to see if the pattern was right... worked great!! Thanks JAY!!!!!!

Crafty

Attached Files:

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

You do awesome work !,..... Thanks so much for posting.

15. BEAR

BEAR

cant wait to see it done

16. Crafty B

Crafty B

hey BEAR

the 32 came out of lopoc, I think the shop was called Hotrod alley or something like that. The fellow that I bought it from was a real nice guy and he worked for Boyd at one time.

17. Crafty B

Crafty B

big day today!!! she's loaded up and headin the Steves shop, we hope to get the trunk and passenger door fit today. I think the rake is perfect

More tonight!!

Crafty

Attached Files:

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

Stance looks fantastic,.... looking forward to seeing this done.

19. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You, Sir, are a human dynamo.Excellant build!

20. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

The stance looks perfect. With that sized rear wheel and tire it lines up with the rear fender just perfect.

21. Crafty B

Crafty B

I think I need to move the axle ahead about 1" to center the wheel to the body line, but this would require a ton of redo so we'll see

Crafty

22. patman

patman

The stance is dead on. Amazing work!

23. Crafty B

Crafty B

had a great day at Steves shop!!! he knows his stuff FOR SURE the windshield frame and truck lid now fit along with straightening out front window frame posts. Im off to put it up today and hopefully I can get the doors to fit in the following weeks. Im going to bonniville!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve!!!

Crafty

Attached Files:

24. mecutem

mecutem

It was fun bendin this this old body around with your help Kirk. Get those doors swinging and come on back for the fine tuning. Steve

25. Crafty B

Crafty B

I did get the passengers door to fit.... now on to the drivers door project, it will take some work but I have enough door pieces to make a good solid door. I cut the damaged area out on the drivers windshield post area and started to reshape it but I got bored of hitting it so moved on.

Crafty

Attached Files:

26. Crafty B

Crafty B

6 straight hours of sanding with a DA... bare metal and no rust!!! I have been saving the 471 for something and I might have to put it on the nailhead but I would run vee belts, not the gilmore belt. I want to run a full hood and Im not crazy about a bunch of carbs sticking out of the hood??

Crafty

Attached Files:

27. That looks awesome!

28. lorodz

lorodz

sweet .....keep it up ..

29. I'm diggin' this build. A blown nailhead, now that's what I'm talkin' about. Aha.
    I think it would be neat with that set up by showing the world that beautiful nailhead and forget that hood (hoods are for SBCs, lol)
    But its your car, and by the looks of how things are going, whatever you do, it will be cool (no doubt).

30. Crafty B

Crafty B

thanks guys!! I have to stay on track if Im really going to drive this car to the salt in Aug so the hood may come later if I go with the blower, I think I can build the intake pretty ez and I would cast a tripower blower top and run 3 carbs...94's i would guess. Im thinking about a louvered roof panel and also do the trunk in 3" clam style louvers.

Crafty
    www.crafty-b.com