Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods State Farm dropped me from their antique insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Apr 10, 2017.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Von Brush, are you saying your annual premium for 5 cars is under $600.00? What is ball park mileage and usage restrictions?

2. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Hagerty refused to insure my card because it wasn't painted. State farm has insured it for 20 Years, BUTT won't allow me to go to the Antique Insurance unless I paint it. WTF is the big deal about paint anyway? It's not a rust bucket!

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. classiccarjack, I usually reg. mine as an antique driver but this time I reg. it as a daily driver but only planned to drive it 3 times a week.????Bruce.

4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Funny, cause of how plenty of us invest more time and money in their drivetrain and chassis than the body. I mean even with some body work and paint.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I just can't see any reason to make my car's pretty until I retire and have the time to keep the dust off of them... LOL

Or think up of a sinister plan to have my kids help keep them clean for me... Hmmmm

Nah, plan A is more feasible.

Bruce Fischer, clunker and pat59 like this.
  6. Von Brush

Von Brush
    from Corfu, NY

To Dirty. My mileage is one thousand miles for four vehicles each. And three thousand for one. They are not confined to just shows. The carrier for the insurance is America n Modern. The broker is Classic Auto Insurance in Indianapolis . They are insured for agreed upon value. The premium is based on the value and there is no deductible. Phone is 800 397 0765

Sent from my QMV7A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Have another insurance issue to try to figure out . I'll try to explain this , see if you can figure it out . I received a policy renewal notice that states my policy is due for renewal on 05/15/2017 at 12 Midnight . All seems well . Yesterday I get an email from Liberty Mutual , " your policy is going to expire on 05/10/2017 " I'm thinking , this really explains my policy renewal dates to me . So I call , the hot line , she explains it to me "your current policy expires on 05/15 , you must renew on or by 05/10 or you will be without insurance coverages ." WTH ! I was borne at night late but it wasn't last night ! So I ask when I pay on or before 05/10 , does this mean I have 2 policies and will be paid twice for losses until current policy expires on 05/15 ? She answers no why would you ask that ? The way stupid me sees this is that insurance company is using my payment for 5 days for nothing but profits . Again I say if "Jesse James could have stolen this easy , he would not be in a history book , but know as a damn insurance salesman livin the high life ! "

8. It takes them 5 days to process your paperwork and write a new policy.
    Plus they allow for mail time. They want your renewal on Wednesday the tenth so you don't laps on Sunday 14th night/Monday 15th morning at 12:00 midnight. You see 5/14 at 11:59 pm will still be Sunday and 5/15 at 12:00 midnight is Monday.

Jalopy Joker and Bruce Fischer like this.
  9. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Thank you Von, I will look into this.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Von, Thx for the info. I guess when you have a total of 5 rods and customs, that's not too bad on the mileage limitation, as you can sorta spread out your driving amonst them all:)

classiccarjack likes this.
  11. Cadillac_Chris

Cadillac_Chris

Hagerty is dirt cheap I have my 37 Lasalle for 25 k and my 62 Cad for 15k and its lesss than 400 for the year

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hudson31 likes this.
  12. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

My family had seven antique and collectible cars insured by State Farm and my parents have been policy holders with State Farm since the 1970s. They jacked the price up with no notice once and when I called, they had the worst customer service. When I got my Ford on the road, they said the best they could insure it for- on a stated value- was in the $20k range. I couldn't hang up the phone fast enough. I looked into Hagerty but they were three times the price of Grundy with only a stated value. I am extremely happy with Grundy and now have full coverage, roadside, and an agreed value on my '50 Ford that I am comfortable with and matches the realistic market value. State Farm has gotten too big for its britches and doesn't have any loyalty or appreciation for antiques vehicle owners.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

deathrowdave - 31Vicky with a hemi has the right answer to your question - even with computer world a lot depends on humans