Register now to get rid of these ads!

Starting on my 33 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by norby48, Oct 19, 2008.

1. It's time!!! I'm gonna push the 33 into the garage and start. This is the one that was pushed into the street and abandoned on a Chicago street recently. ( I got a receipt from the owner). Turns out the guy is a former member of my club. Anyway, after new floors, I'll lower the lid and section the trunk so the rear window stays the same size. A sub-frame and Olds V8 driveline, and as many 50's Olds parts that I can use in the interior. The body and wood are really nice, maybe 90%. I'm gonna try to save the kid's sidewalk-chalk flames. I'll have it at the next Pile-up.
    The problem: I want to use the original type headlight stands, which are like a big "Y". Anybody know where to get some? I made the mistake of telling the Olds retorers that was going to Rod it. They are very tall and mount on the frame horns and form a Y at the top. I also need a running Olds drive-line. I may run my 408 sbc for a while 'til more dough comes in.
    Also, anyone know what wheels fit this car? A fast check looks like 5 on 4-3/4 with a 2-3/4 center hole. There are nice 17" artilleries on the front with brand new Denmans tires, but I may have to use the stock rear for a short time. The fun begins!

Attached Files:

2. when you drop the top lower the lid on the trunk at the same time.

3. Ya. The trunk is a seperate piece. I'll z-cut the body, then section the trunk.