Register now to get rid of these ads!

starting him young

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Feb 13, 2011.

1. we have an "adopted" daughter (one of many that are unofficially adopted) that has a 9 year old son who is a computer game nut. I took care of him yesterday when his mom and my wife went and did girl stuff for the day. when I asked him if he wanted to still play video games or come help me work on my truck, he actually shut off the game and wanted to go to the shop. I had him put on some old sweats and put him to work wrenching off parts. He got dirty and we had a great time. Maybe he will want to do it again some time. It might even get him started on a lifetime addiction....

Attached Files:

2. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When my kids were little they liked helping undo things, using wrenches etc, but as they got older the girls went in different directions, my son can still use a wrench but just prefers to do other things. If nothing else at least he now can see other things to do that actually have an end product, and video games may give you a score but you can't drive it to the store:)