Register now to get rid of these ads!

Started my chop top on the 54 belair today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Painterdave, May 15, 2010.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey painter-

As I'm sure you've figgered out by now, you can cut down the backlight frame, but you won't be cutting down that glass, it's tempered!
    I'm told laminated ones are being repopped, but they're pretty big coin for a glass guy to gamble with.

You can reduce some of the fullness of the crown of the roof panel, just back of the B post to where the backlight frame is with some releif cuts. This will bring down the crown without cutting any more outa the backlight or quarter windows.

Looks like fun!

" The ice cream truck in his neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter "

2. i like the straight piller look too. and having done both i can say that slanted pillers are definitely not "the easy way out".

3. roddinron

roddinron

After much study and consideration, I threw mine away.:D

4. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

It looks good so far. I think straight pillars on that body style look bad ass!

5. sorry, gotta throw in my two cents on the rear window. i'm sure the OP has done his research and knows what he wants. but i do think that 50-51 chevy coupe back glass looks great in the 54s. it's flat and lays down well.

6. sixpack_2_go

sixpack_2_go

7. coolcat68

coolcat68

:eek:lookin good getting one of my owen its been chopped 6 inches all ready any ideas where or how i can get my cut for front and rear windshields i have no clue were to start its my first one please help if u can thanks [email protected] name is james.:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Coolcat 68, you CAN'T CUT TEMPERED GLASS. Period. So, if you've already chopped up the backlight frame, you'll have to rethink your plan.

Brian

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Looks good so far, personally I like the straight B pillers, when I do mine Im leaving them straight.

MrC.