Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Stance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, May 28, 2012.

1. Ok - I actually like them both

2. RayMiller

RayMiller

That car is spectacular! I love it

3. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Ck out this red job

Attached Files:

4. steveb

steveb

Yeah, Frenz started this, emphasizing '40's custom stance.
    Not at all casting stones, but, I guess when I say, "Stance is everything" it's an all-encompassing statement. The right stance for the era is it. I have never liked frames on the ground, but the motorboat stance does not work for everything, nor does the super low level job like Grapevine, nor does the later California rake on everything. Just like a '70's muscle car has a particular raised rake. It's one of those things that just look right (to me), & I know it when I see it. While my heart is still loyal to the late 40's-early 50's look, I'm learning to appreciate the rest a bit more. Still can't get into the '70's era T's with thick tires, though.

5. Steve I agree 100%. I do appreciate the different stances for different era's,I think every style has a stance that just finishes the look of the car rather it be a 67 chevelle or a 40 merc.
    Steve...I know how how you feel about the 70s T's with the fatties. :)

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Perfection.One of the most beautiful cars around these days.No haircut please.

[​IMG]

(Pic stolen from Stylish-Kustoms blog)

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Love the way that car sits....perfect and that is my next build?

8. mattfink

mattfink

In my opinion even a shitty four door can look rad if it sits right, there is something about watching a car seemingly glide along the road..

9. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Ohhhhhhhh Mama.... That Ford is flawless.

10. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

My god man I lost My Breath what have you done

11. Proof of how important Stance really is.Holyshit that looks so good.

12. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Nothin is too low to tow, poke a couple holes in the hood to hook the chain. :D

13. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Thats what I thought when I revieved this 90;s 'street rod' !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

15. mattfink

mattfink

16. Laying Frame is just wrong in all sense of the word.

but its weird how stance's change just in a few years

i'd say this stance is pretty correct for a 40s custom

[​IMG]

Around the same time, Colari Coupe, sitting pretty level

[​IMG]

Early 50s, see a mix of both here

[​IMG]

for me its gotta be ass down slighty, something about it, just means business!

Harley

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Let me know if you guys are tired of seeing this car....I like the stance of this?

[​IMG]

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I would have never thought stance was so popular here. a car on the rockers looks just plain stupid.

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

well ratfink, thats a 2 part statement, 1st one stance is everything even more so on our types of cars so yeah stance is a very popular thing here and 2nd, i agree with you 110%...lol,, ive watches some really sharpass cars pull into a carshow or even just a nite cruz and turn them off then the car hits the damn ground. looks like the body just separated from the frame and fell to the ground! kinda ruins how i was feelin about the car. but thats just me because there are a few people that go oh how "cool". at one show this summer there was a car that did just that, hit the ground, a old timer was standing there and when that car hit the ground the old guy says as loud as he could, "what the fuck just broke". about everyone that was within earshot of him laughed there ass off.oh and by the way,my son drives a bagged and tagged 65 falcon wagon that lays it frame on the ground. he likes it and i dont.dont really care he has to drive it not me.but ive asked him what is he gonna do if a bag goes bang while hes travelin down the road. ive yet to get a good answer from him...

21. This car looks flatout beautiful.Stance is major and this car wouldn't look as perfect if it sat any different then it sits now.

22. uploadfromtaptalk1353280667673.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. Perfection right here,this is one of my favorite pics of this car.Very important when talking about stance.Im glad this thread is still alive.This pic is Lake Tahoe all day long.