Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical STAINLESS BRAKE LINES

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Rod Blowers, Jul 21, 2021.

1. trollst

trollst

Freddie, what would one of us idiots have to do on a mountain road to get heat into brake lines or hoses? Where I live its either up or down, one does not slow with brakes alone, or drive so aggressively that shoes, pads, rotors transfer that much heat to the fluid, you're right, in the ditch you go. Fortunately, I don't know anyone that stupid.

2. Flathead Freddie

Flathead Freddie

Sorry you misunderstood I am referring to stainless tubing not stainless braided . Your steel tube lines ability to flare properly and match fluid expansion depends on composition of the tubing being used . Stainless comes in many grades for many reasons and pressure capabilities . That is what I am referring to . That is why Industrial Supply houses carry stainless tubing . Chemical refineries demand high pressure grades and believe me I have a length of seamless stainless in front of me trying to figure how to use it on a carb setup without leaking so it may sit . I don't take chances if it works for you and your happy with it that's great,! Smile and be happy