Register now to get rid of these ads!

History St. Louis Showstopper

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 31, 2020.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

St. Louis Showstopper

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Great looking little car and I would love to know if it's still around as well.

Since this style of T crop up so rarely; I have a feeling that many of them were 'updated' into the T-buckets that give T's a bad reputation.

Stogy likes this.
  3. I was at a small show last summer, & a T caught my eye. I'm sure it was not this car, but, heavily influenced by it, & looked built in the 60's. Kinda rough around the edges, like it had boxes of Christmas ornaments piled up on it for the last forty years.

Stogy likes this.
  4. belair

belair

Love the wheels and tires.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Clint is a friend I knew from the Ray Farhner show circuit in the '60's. Here are a few pictures I took after trailering the car from Kansas City to St. Louis for him. After the magazine feature, he added the Hilborn injectors, a new front end setup and the mags. I have seen neither since about 1972. It was definitely the wildest "T" in the midwest at that time. img120.jpg img144.jpg img149-Edit.jpg clint.jpg

6. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

That car is Ridiculous Kool!! Can't believe you have pictures... Bitch'n

Stogy likes this.
  7. No doubt!! Color pictures indeed. Super cool either way.
    Close friend and Car Club Brother Mr nads, just recently finished his very cool T project. Debuted at our 20th Groundhog Gala. Wish he would get off FB and backon the ole' HAMB and post a build thread.
    JT

Stogy and J.Ukrop like this.
  8. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

@Tom davison those pictures are amazing! Speaking of the show circuit, I came across this on eBay... 20190807aa_600.jpg
    20190807ab_600.jpg

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's an awesome Vintage Hotrod built with incredible attention to All the details...right down to where the rubber meets the road...and the show is just a drive away...

Thanks for sharing this @J.Ukrop and to the others for the additional cool stuff...the more that turns up the merrier...;)

J.Ukrop likes this.
  10. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I don't believe he ever drove it much, he turned into a show car because it was so nice.

Interesting find, Joey. Bob Hegge, also from St. Louis, had probably the largest the largest Photo archive in the country. His nephew has it now and refuses to talk to anyone about it. I tried reach him and I know Jeff Norwell did too. No Luck. Darryl Starbird also shot a whole lot and I asked him about a specific photo; Darryl said that his archive is not organized at all.

J.Ukrop, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.