Register now to get rid of these ads!

St Louis Salvage Yards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yichoke, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Yichoke

Yichoke

I'm here is St Louis for a long weekend (watching my daughter play in the National Softball Tourney). Looking for a good salvage yard to wander through between games.

Any suggestions?

2. skyrodder

skyrodder

I didnt find any when i was there.. i heard there was one about 1 1/2 away from St Louis

3. TKEBH964

TKEBH964
    from MO

You could try Huxels Auto Salvage in Union, MO. A little over an hour west of St. Louis. It is pretty close to me, but I have never gone...

4. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Huxel is a good guy. cool yard. lotsa goodies.

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Is Fenton Auto Salvage still around? Many good times there back in the '80s.
    What about Speedway on the Illinois side?

6. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

THe ones that are still around crushed the old cars when scrap went up, speedway not so hot, I know a few down south that was good are gone , EPA , money ? not sure why , lots are vacant though .
    Taylors on rock road, on hall street is pick N pull and Riverside but not much in old stuff

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

huxel's for gm, clay kossuth for mopar. there was a ford yard in mascoutah, but i'm not sure about it's current status...

(also, you could go to speedway in madison, across from gateway international closed raceway, they have 'older' stuff that most yards won't bother with)

8. Yichoke

Yichoke

Thanks for the suggestions, rained yesterday afternoon. May not make it out there now, but thanks again!