Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Spurgin-Giovanine Roadster at GOODING & CO. Scottsdale 2019 Auction

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HEMI32, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pics Jimmy pics...;)...its interesting how life evolves isn't it...it also does give one pause before hacking into vintage survivors before doing some research. And that's actually peanuts in the big scheme of things around that playground...

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't think I was "hacking in", survivors definately have there place but a reflection that 212,800 wasn't enough was my reasoning.
    No reserve auctions are just that and that roadster had not only changes owners but also went under compete engine swaps making it a survivor "returned" to how it was first built and I'm glad it was.
    Maybe in 2065 mine will be at an auction bringing the $ it's worth at the time....who knows

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

J.D. –

Too bad it doesn't have a Ford engine like some have said above (for some reason). I guess my rusty roadster can cover all the bases – had a Ford, Chevy, GMC, Cadillac (maybe?), and some more Chevys. Must be worth a lot. Let me know if someone, after he buys yours for over 200K, wants another.

Stan

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You gotta better chance than I do....yours is a steel Ford.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Before y'all dismiss that Chevy engine- read up on what those guys did with it back in the day :)

SquintBoy, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. It was a 14.5:1 compression MONSTER !!!!

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The History is what it is. Done and documented. It's been lived...it is to revere. I wouldn't want it changed and Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Packard, and all the others had victories and defeats...celebrating it all is what I am doing...All winners in my books.

These old remnants of History pull sizable amounts, varied depending on many reasons.

The main thing here to note is the History is being recognized and continues to evolve and be uncovered although much has been lost.

Much remains and we should all look forward to these iconic vehicles when we encounter them whether it is in your garage, a local Cruise or on Auction Alley.

jimmy six likes this.